What bike?

Two wheels good.

Re: What bike?

Post by NNK @ Sun May 06, 2018 4:54 am

S1K wrote:That's sort of what I was thinking too tkf. Whenever I hear a big single revving hard I look around expecting to see some prat in a tracksuit going through a red traffic light on the back wheel sans numberplate.

I have never worn a tracksuit !
NNK

Post by NNK @ Sun May 06, 2018 5:01 am

Turntable wrote:
NNK wrote:IIRC you are a commuter, station, occasional blast type of rider/owner ?

Now here is where I sound repetitive and boring, but it is my advice to everyone that doesn't want/need 500hp and doesn't ride more than 1.5 hrs at a time.

SUPERMOTARD
SUPERMOTO

Not a bigger Hyper type one either, although my Hypermotard was good it was nowhere near as much fun as the Husky SM610 it replaced. If I had known Mrs NNK was going to move to my city so my 2 hr ride was being cancelled I would never have changed.

THe Husq/KTM I covert...but... the two you mention are over budget and I cant really excuse spending more because I just don't use them enough and I knacker bikes.
The second problem is, I cant help feeling that anything other than mainstream german or Japanese will just fcuk up being left in the rain all the time. Every KTM for sale ever seems to be a garage queen. Not sure. Id like someone to tell me I am wrong.

Blimey, I just looked at Husky prices on MCN !
We normally get raped over here on new price and then used are astronomical as so few are sold but , on this occasion, NZ wins.
A mate just bought a 2016 FS701 with about 3k of accessories for $11k (5k of your lovely GBP) and there are a few advertised for 12k at present.
Apologies, I presumed you would get one for 4-5k.
NNK

Post by GingerNinja @ Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 am

Any progress here Teets, or are you saving up for a big ta-daa reveal?
GingerNinja

Post by NNK @ Mon May 14, 2018 10:01 am

I imagine he is getting together a band of thugs to invade Instagram (or the police station dealing with theft) before making another purchase.
Absolutely disgusting IMO, if they want to monitor crime without actually doing anything then why let the victim know any info ?

But Husky FS701 FTW.
NNK

Post by Turntable @ Mon May 14, 2018 10:11 am

GingerNinja wrote:Any progress here Teets, or are you saving up for a big ta-daa reveal?

Not yet but a mildly interesting update.
Update 1 is that the police have found my bike for sale on an Instagram page for stolen bikes but they cant do anything about it.
Update 2 is that the insurer phoned me with their opening offer for my bike that was 25% more than I had expected! That never happens.

I had a look at the triumphs and they are too big and cumbersome. I need something agile and light as I am not going to leave it in full view on my drive any more.
So I am leaning towards trial/supermoto but I am getting a bit lost. There seem to be hundreds of different models from each manufacturer and they are all just numbers and letters giving me no idea what any of them are or what the differences are.
That said, there is one unusual bike I suddenly coveted that is pretty rare but if I can find one at a decent price I will snap up instantly and do a big reveal. There are only two for sale at the moment, though, and they are a bit shit.
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by Turntable @ Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 am

NNK wrote:I
But Husky FS701 FTW.

£8500. No!

I want one though.
Turntable

Post by NNK @ Mon May 14, 2018 6:49 pm

Turntable wrote:
NNK wrote:I
But Husky FS701 FTW.

£8500. No!

I want one though.

I bet I get one before you
NNK

Post by GingerNinja @ Mon May 14, 2018 6:52 pm

GingerNinja

Post by Turntable @ Tue May 15, 2018 8:14 am

Those were my favourites GN, but non starters. If I am going light, manoeuvrable and practical then theres no point getting a litre bike as it undoes the advantages. Also we all know that Ducatis are truly awful things.
Turntable

Post by GingerNinja @ Tue May 15, 2018 9:14 am

Turntable wrote:Those were my favourites GN, but non starters. If I am going light, manoeuvrable and practical then theres no point getting a litre bike as it undoes the advantages. Also we all know that Ducatis are truly awful things.

Fair play. I’d be having a look at the new Husqvarna Svartpilen or Vitpilen 401 then (as suggested by S1K previously). Reviews have all been overwhelmingly positive so far.
GingerNinja

Post by Turntable @ Wed May 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Anyone know the difference between a ktm smc 690 and a Ktm 690 enduro? They look identical but are in distinctly different drop-down categories
Turntable

Post by NNK @ Wed May 16, 2018 7:44 pm

Wheels, brakes and I believe the motard has shorter travel suspension.
There may be differences in clocks and security (ignition, steering lock) ?

ETA You could probably get some adventure type tyres to fit the narrower rims on an Enduro and still have lots of fun.
Last edited by NNK on Wed May 16, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NNK

Post by Baby Huey @ Wed May 16, 2018 8:52 pm

New Monkey Bike 125?

Two and a half odd grand.
Baby Huey

Previous

Return to Bike Chat