Tell me about motorbikes

Two wheels good.

Re: Tell me about motorbikes

Post by desertweasel @ Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:01 pm

GingerNinja wrote:
I’ve generally found the horn is a complete waste of time on a bike. They’re not loud and the time spent using it would be better spent avoiding the idiot/situation that you think needs it’s use. Once safe, follow up with either some form of physical gesture, or a kick/slap to part of the offending vehicle. And lots of in-helmet swearing, obvs.

The Chinese Honda 150 thingy I used in Vietnam had a ridiculously loud aftermarket horn, was pretty effective and the only thing that cut through the general racket, was enough to make cars think for a few seconds before they brutally cut you up.
desertweasel

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:51 pm

On a whim, this afternoon I've been in to my local (didn't know I had one!) Triumph dealer. What an utterly excellent set of blokes! Totally un-salesman-y but massively enthusiastic about their things:

Have a coffee! Have an ice pop out of the freezer! Have a sit on these new bikes! Have a chat! Have a play with all the Triumph-branded riding gear! Have a look at these numbers to give you affordability ideas! Have a look at the detail here on the top yoke! Have a look at these custom two-tome colours! Have a look at my own bike out the back by the workshop! Have this stack of literature! Have a couple of photos of you sitting on this Street Scrambler! Have a cup of coffee any time you're passing!

Just fab, even though I showed literally no sign of buying any of their things, and was frank about how I'm just looking at 1,000,000 different bikes, approx. The only problem is that it turns out I can comfortably finance a Street Scrambler, and now I want to. How gorge are they?

Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by S1K @ Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:50 pm

156677FD-6FE9-4CF4-929F-F5FD95338FC4.jpeg
156677FD-6FE9-4CF4-929F-F5FD95338FC4.jpeg (91.49 KiB) Viewed 32 times

Just the thing to play Steve McQueen.
S1K

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Yup.