Cal Crutchlow...

Two wheels good.

Cal Crutchlow...

Post by deev @ Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:32 pm

...has just chucked it up the road at the Indy round of the moto gp. Now how come whenever I go on PH they all seem to think he's awesome? He seems to be about the same level as Toesland was except he actually won a couple of WSB titles too.
deev
Banger King

Highscores: 3

Re: Cal Crutchlow...

Post by blackburied @ Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:34 pm

He's "the British normal people's rider" course they love him.
blackburied

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:34 pm

From what I gather just about everyone has had several crashes at Indy this week.
Careless Whisperer

Highscores: 5

Post by nervy @ Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:43 am

Try screaming 'come on Cal!' in a shrill voice over and over- it seems to unify people.

He is USELESS tho. I love it when people say 'wow- 7th a good showing for Cal there' when hes on a grid with 6 other same class machines. What they mean is 'wow- he didn't crash' but PH won't be told otherwise.

I can't quite explain why, but I hate him. Perhaps it's the brakes thing, or the 'amusing' my trailer has a rodent infestation because despite having the best job in the world and literally millions of pounds I cannot be bothered to clean up after myself, or perhaps it's because I seem to be the only one who can see he is terrible. Or maybe its because hes a the commentary teams talk about, despite his lack of charm, humility, cleanliness or success. I don't care, I hate him.

I am loving that he appears to have been passed over by the big teams again, and at best can hope to stay where he is but with an actual pay cut. Fingers crossed he'll be forced to return to racing those horse buggy things on side roads and selling enchanted gorse.
nervy

Post by Disastrous @ Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:48 am

PH literally frenzies at the thought of him.

Also, I hate 'Cal', like he's a good friend they've known for years. I've got a mate called Cal but he's a good friend I've known for years. And that's his name.

That's it. I'm just going to say "who?" from now on, whenever someone mentions a sports personality by first name only.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by nervy @ Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:00 am

Disastrous wrote:PH literally frenzies at the thought of him.

Also, I hate 'Cal', like he's a good friend they've known for years. I've got a mate called Cal but he's a good friend I've known for years. And that's his name.

That's it. I'm just going to say "who?" from now on, whenever someone mentions a sports personality by first name only.

I also HATE the familiarity. Like the English own him or something. Because why would we want to? Northern snaggle toothed patchy facial fur looks like he's had his hair cut by the nit doctor (walla walla bing bang) IDIOT. also, yesterday as a tribute to his American fans he had the stars and stripes on his lid. Two things- a bit desperate, maybe? And- I haven't looked and refuse to do so, but I'll just bet PH are creaming themselves over it, somehow whilst also claiming him as the great white hope of Britishness.

I am also going to whoing starting this very instant. If nothing else- and it isn't!- it will make watching the commentary more bare able.
nervy

Post by Disastrous @ Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:08 am

Oddly, I felt like I liked Hayden more after his interview before the race. He sounds weeeeeell gay though.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by nervy @ Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:11 am

I bet even if he is an actually homosexual he still gets more pit girl passes than we do.

And we're the best ones!!
nervy

Post by nervy @ Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:21 am

Can other people say things about Cal Crutchlow please? I like moaning about him.

Thanks.
nervy

Post by Disastrous @ Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 am

nervy wrote:I bet even if he is an actually homosexual he still gets more pit girl passes than we do.

He seems quite slow though so they probably just tell him they're actually 'a dude' and just accept that it'll be going 'in there.'

You're right though.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by nervy @ Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 am

Disastrous wrote:
nervy wrote:I bet even if he is an actually homosexual he still gets more pit girl passes than we do.

He seems quite slow though so they probably just tell him they're actually 'a dude' and just accept that it'll be going 'in there.'

You're right though.

And yet he has all the money in the world, the best job ever and hair that troubles me.

Gotta go, I'm off justice hunting.
nervy

Post by nakedninja @ Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:42 am

At first he was surprising with how well he was doing, didn't he get a 4th or something? It was a bit like when Ben Spies first started in MotoGP and was pretty good and everybody was saying that there was a new Alien class rider.

Now they are both just crash machines it seems, but with CALLLL!L!!!L!L!!!!!! being the worst of the two.
nakedninja

Highscores: 1

Post by nervy @ Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:44 am

nakedninja wrote:At first he was surprising with how well he was doing, didn't he get a 4th or something? It was a bit like when Ben Spies first started in MotoGP and was pretty good and everybody was saying that there was a new Alien class rider.

Now they are both just crash machines it seems, but with CALLLL!L!!!L!L!!!!!! being the worst of the two.

Who? Cal? Do you mean Cal Crutchlow, the motorcyclist?

Surprisingly good. To begin with.
nervy

Post by deev @ Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:47 pm

I hate how the commentators talk him up, much like they did Jeremy Mcwilliams who perennially toured around in 3rd last place but was "well respected in the paddock" and the like. Toseland was the same. I liked him because he got the shaft from Ducati in WSB for the incredibly shite Ruben Xaus then fcuked Ducati over by winning the title on the Ten Kate. Still, he was pish in Motogp and just fell off a lot. At least he was properly injured and had to retire, Crutch is just kind of shit.
deev
Banger King

Post by Captain Muppet @ Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Hello,

It's been a year or so since I was last here, so i thought I'd just log in and say this:

nervy wrote:great white hope of Britishness.

Racist.

Or colourist.

Or possibly sharkist.
Captain Muppet

Post by deev @ Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:27 pm

So now he goes and gets a podium just to make me look like a tw@t. Cnut.
deev
Banger King

Post by GingerNinja @ Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:48 pm

...and resigns with the monster Yamaha team for next year.
GingerNinja

Post by nervy @ Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:35 pm

deev wrote:So now he goes and gets a podium just to make me look like a tw@t. Cnut.

When- and only when- 3 of the 8 contenders in his class either weren't there or didn't finish. There was effectively only 6 bikes in the field. 3rd isn't all that impressive under those circumstances.

Let's see him repeat it when everyone else is back.

Which we won't. Because he's shit.

Gutted he's been accepted back by Tech3- I was so hoping he was en route for the big fcuk off.
nervy

Post by Disastrous @ Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:53 pm

nervy wrote:
deev wrote:So now he goes and gets a podium just to make me look like a tw@t. Cnut.

When- and only when- 3 of the 8 contenders in his class either weren't there or didn't finish. There was effectively only 6 bikes in the field. 3rd isn't all that impressive under those circumstances.

Let's see him repeat it when everyone else is back.

Which we won't. Because he's shit.

Gutted he's been accepted back by Tech3- I was so hoping he was en route for the big fcuk off.

C'mon Cal, though...

You're quite right.

Stoner-broken
Lorenzo-beat him
Pedrosa-beat him
Rossi-phoning it in until he's back on a Yam
Hayden-broken
Dovisioso-usually faster
Spies-maybe, on his day. Someone in Japn fcuking hates him though

Shit season actually. I've fcuking hated MotoGP this year but persevere with it simply because I can't make head not tail of when Europsport shows WSB, which is much better.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by nervy @ Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:38 pm

http://www.pistonheads.com/xforums/topi ... to+WSBK%3F

is the tide starting to turn? there's not a single COC in there, so to speak.
nervy

Post by deev @ Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:08 pm

He only won a bloody race! Pishing it doon and a bit of a lottery with tyres falling to bits but still...he did manage to be a dick in the interviews afterwards though.
deev
Banger King

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:35 am

Impressive considering he normally drops the thing when it's dry.
Careless Whisperer

Highscores: 5

Post by onomatopoeia @ Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:44 am

deev wrote:He only won a bloody race! Pishing it doon and a bit of a lottery with tyres falling to bits but still...he did manage to be a dick in the interviews afterwards though.

Shrewd decision on tyre choice, or inspired gamble, it matters not. Beating the factory teams is still quite an achievement. They said in commentary before the start that the soft tyres wouldn't go the full distance so the delaminations weren't too much of a surprise, I was expecting more in the last half dozen laps.
onomatopoeia

Return to Bike Chat