For the nervous wrecks on bikes...

Two wheels good.

For the nervous wrecks on bikes...

Post by Zigazigahh @ Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:55 pm

Believe it or not, you do eventually get to the stage where, like driving a car, the actual riding becomes automatic, leaving you free to peruse the scenery, peer down the top of that leggy blonde in the MX5 etc etc.
Bikes are actually a lot like cars; if you take your hands off they go on a straight line (aided by gyroscopic effect on the front wheel). One of my favourite games to play with unsuspecting (lady) pillions is, on approach to traffic lights, roll off, sit bolt upright and squeeze both her knees while rear-braking. :lol: You get some entertaining reactions from them...
Instead of the knee-squeeze, try stretching as though tired, both hands above head, or flapping both arms! :D I only got caught out once, when SHE decided it'd be a good time to stand on the pegs and have a 'Titanic moment'... just as I started doing the YMCA moves...!
Years ago I had a 400 Suzi custom that lent itself well to riding sidesaddle - much to the consternation of motorists. I was once upstaged by a mate on a GSX750 (the slab-tanked '80s monster) who did the same thing as he went past - on the back wheel. I'm still not sure what was the greater feat, hoiking the front end of that thing or not going over the bars when he put it back down!

Anyway, once you've gibbered your way through the first thousand or so miles, you'll suddenly realise you've always been a biker :wink:
Zigazigahh

Re: For the nervous wrecks on bikes...

Post by bikers nemesis @ Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:32 pm

Zigazigahh wrote:Believe it or not, you do eventually get to the stage where, like driving a car, the actual riding becomes automatic, leaving you free to peruse the scenery, peer down the top of that leggy blonde in the MX5 etc etc.
Bikes are actually a lot like cars; if you take your hands off they go on a straight line (aided by gyroscopic effect on the front wheel). One of my favourite games to play with unsuspecting (lady) pillions is, on approach to traffic lights, roll off, sit bolt upright and squeeze both her knees while rear-braking. :lol: You get some entertaining reactions from them...
Instead of the knee-squeeze, try stretching as though tired, both hands above head, or flapping both arms! :D I only got caught out once, when SHE decided it'd be a good time to stand on the pegs and have a 'Titanic moment'... just as I started doing the YMCA moves...!
Years ago I had a 400 Suzi custom that lent itself well to riding sidesaddle - much to the consternation of motorists. I was once upstaged by a mate on a GSX750 (the slab-tanked '80s monster) who did the same thing as he went past - on the back wheel. I'm still not sure what was the greater feat, hoiking the front end of that thing or not going over the bars when he put it back down!

Anyway, once you've gibbered your way through the first thousand or so miles, you'll suddenly realise you've always been a biker :wink:

:D
bikers nemesis

Re: For the nervous wrecks on bikes...

Post by mybrainhurts @ Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:21 am

Did somebody say nervy's wrecked a bike....?
mybrainhurts

Return to Bike Chat