Ducati XDiavel

Two wheels good.

Ducati XDiavel

Post by GingerNinja @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:43 am

It appears I've reached that age when what is tantamount to a cruiser is suddenly top of my desire list.

Look at it.

Image

That's the top spec S version (same engine, better brakes, shiny paint, some shiny parts, different wheels and bluetooth) and is about £18,300.

I have ridiculous levels of want for it which I feel is justified given that it has 160bhp and actually will actually go round corners. And given my spastic legs, I reckon I could get on, by rear entry rather than side-entry leg swing method.

Tell me I'm wrong.
Last edited by GingerNinja on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
GingerNinja
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:02 pm
Location: London

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Strawman @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:48 am

GingerNinja wrote:Look at it.


I'm not into bikes and that looks totally sexual

ETA-
GingerNinja wrote:And given my spastic legs, I reckon I could get on, by rear entry rather than side-entry leg swing method.


Could your legs then operate the pedal/s ?
Last edited by Strawman on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 38603
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Disastrous @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:48 am

It's a fantastic thing and I want one too.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38856
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by GingerNinja @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:52 am

Strawman wrote:
GingerNinja wrote:Look at it.


I'm not into bikes and that looks totally sexual

ETA-
GingerNinja wrote:And given my spastic legs, I reckon I could get on, by rear entry rather than side-entry leg swing method.


Could your legs then operate the pedal/s ?


Yeah, it's a good question - left foot is the biggest issue as I'm not sure I've got the range of movement required to knock the gears up and down. Could survive without the right foot/back brake. I'll just need to try it at some point and see.
User avatar
GingerNinja
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:02 pm
Location: London

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:07 pm

I've always thought them a little bi-curious but I'm planning a little jaunt in the spring and my mate is talking of buying one for especially for the trip and since he said it, I've realised I like them now too. So buy one!
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48382
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:08 pm

GingerNinja wrote:
Strawman wrote:
GingerNinja wrote:Look at it.


I'm not into bikes and that looks totally sexual

ETA-
GingerNinja wrote:And given my spastic legs, I reckon I could get on, by rear entry rather than side-entry leg swing method.


Could your legs then operate the pedal/s ?


Yeah, it's a good question - left foot is the biggest issue as I'm not sure I've got the range of movement required to knock the gears up and down. Could survive without the right foot/back brake. I'll just need to try it at some point and see.

Sounds like you need the DCT VFR1200. Would a quickshifter help at all?
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48382
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by GingerNinja @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:16 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:Sounds like you need the DCT VFR1200. Would a quickshifter help at all?


Or the new Africa Twin with the same. Can't see that a quickshifter would make any difference as they're still foot operated.
User avatar
GingerNinja
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:02 pm
Location: London

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:21 pm

Everything is right about that bike except the PH logo on the engine.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12107
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:59 pm

Il Duce wrote:Everything is right about that bike except the PH logo on the engine.

You've killed it for him now.

What has been seen cannot be unseen...
User avatar
Careless Whisperer
 
Posts: 14818
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: The Real World
Highscores: 5

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:07 pm

I absolutely LOVE these, I asked about them on there a while back but (IIRC) was derided for it.

Fairly sure Dis backed me up though.

>fist bump Dis<

Brother from another mother.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16320
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by GingerNinja @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:11 pm

Deuts - you were asking about the original, plain old Diavel. While they share the name, the Diavel is more of a naked while the XDiavel is a cruiser. Apparently they don't have any common parts either.

Here' s the Diavel - it's fugly compared to the XDiavel.

Image
User avatar
GingerNinja
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:02 pm
Location: London

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:21 pm

Meh - it's the same and it's still ace.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16320
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Disastrous @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:31 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:Meh - it's the same and it's still ace.



It is the same!

I just Googled the difference and I want the Diavel more I think.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38856
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:25 pm

I prefer the second Velocipaed.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36664
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Ghost @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:46 pm

1st one looks as though it comes from OCC.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: The Ginstitute of Tonicshire

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Ghost wrote:1st one looks as though it comes from OCC.


Ouch!
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16320
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by moleamol @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:05 pm

This is so much nicer than the one this bunch of fcuking benders liked last time. That was like the horse on Brokeback Mountain, followed by the gay sex.
User avatar
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
 
Posts: 11259
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wigwam

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:48 pm

Haha moley has just admitted to watching Brokeback
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 33994
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:35 pm

Oh come on, we've all watched it*





*Well the bit where wasserbatwomanface gets her waps out
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36664
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Strawman @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Käsemeister wrote:Oh come on, we've all watched it*





*Well the bit where wasserbatwomanface gets her waps out


I haven't, even the prospect of viewing some breasts isn't enough.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 38603
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:15 pm

You can just watch that big y'know. Internetz and stuff.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36664
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Strawman @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:19 pm

No doubt, but the internet is full of porn as well.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 38603
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:23 pm

User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36664
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by GingerNinja @ Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:31 pm

GingerNinja wrote:It appears I've reached that age when what is tantamount to a cruiser is suddenly top of my desire list.

Look at it.

Image

That's the top spec S version (same engine, better brakes, shiny paint, some shiny parts, different wheels and bluetooth) and is about £18,300.

I have ridiculous levels of want for it which I feel is justified given that it has 160bhp and actually will actually go round corners. And given my spastic legs, I reckon I could get on, by rear entry rather than side-entry leg swing method.

Tell me I'm wrong.

So went to look at one of these while visiting my brother in Nice last week. Utterly gorgeous in the flesh, and I really really want one. Problem is that it was a real struggle for me to get on it, and even harder getting off and would probably be too hard to ride.....this year anyway.

Might just have to give in to the current reality of my situation and get one of those three wheel scooter things for the time being. Bah.
User avatar
GingerNinja
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:02 pm
Location: London

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by S1K @ Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:56 pm

GingerNinja wrote:Might just have to give in to the current reality of my situation and get one of those three wheel scooter things for the time being. Bah.

Why not a Honda Melody? The Diavel doesn't even have a basket.

Image
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by Disastrous @ Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGhoLcsr8GA



S'a good look baby.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38856
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Ducati XDiavel

Post by GingerNinja @ Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Why I oughta....
User avatar
GingerNinja
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:02 pm
Location: London


Return to Bike Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles
cron