Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Two wheels good.

Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by GingerNinja @ Tue May 23, 2017 2:31 pm

Dis - thought you might like this - don't see too many modified RSV's, but this one's a beaut.

Image

Image

Full story here.....

http://thebikeshed.cc/2017/05/23/kacerwagens-aprilia-rsv-pili/
User avatar
GingerNinja
 
Posts: 4623
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:02 pm
Location: London

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Disastrous @ Tue May 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Jesus, that's a piece of work!

I don't actually like the headlight but the rest of it is pretty impressive...
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38748
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by GingerNinja @ Tue May 23, 2017 2:34 pm

Disastrous wrote:Jesus, that's a piece of work!

I don't actually like the headlight but the rest of it is pretty impressive...



The light itself, or the whole fairing arrangement? I like all of it anyway - think it looks the tits.
User avatar
GingerNinja
 
Posts: 4623
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:02 pm
Location: London

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Disastrous @ Tue May 23, 2017 2:35 pm

GingerNinja wrote:
Disastrous wrote:Jesus, that's a piece of work!

I don't actually like the headlight but the rest of it is pretty impressive...



The light itself, or the whole fairing arrangement? I like all of it anyway - think it looks the tits.



Just the light - I reckon a retro single lamp with a chrome rim would be just the thing for that.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38748
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Monty @ Tue May 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Lovely. Very 900 SS-esque if my memory serves me correctly.

I really don't like the fairing/headlight which is the 900 SS bit alas.
User avatar
Monty
 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Lost my shape Trying to act casual! Can't stop, I might end up in the hospital

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Otto Sump @ Tue May 23, 2017 3:04 pm

What's with the stabilisers?
User avatar
Otto Sump
 
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: In the cupboard under Eddie Mair's stairs

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by GingerNinja @ Tue May 23, 2017 3:24 pm

Otto Sump wrote:What's with the stabilisers?


Are you being serious?

In case you are, is a stand for changing the rear tyre, oiling the chain and taking photos! The bike doesnt have its own center stand.
Last edited by GingerNinja on Tue May 23, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
GingerNinja
 
Posts: 4623
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:02 pm
Location: London

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Tue May 23, 2017 3:27 pm

Nice idea - not convinced about the carbon though.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48382
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Greg66 @ Tue May 23, 2017 3:53 pm

GingerNinja wrote:The bike doesnt have its own center stand.


Does that mean what I think it means? That you'd have to lean it against something or put it in the stand when it is not in use?
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Disastrous @ Tue May 23, 2017 3:54 pm

Greg66 wrote:
GingerNinja wrote:The bike doesnt have its own center stand.


Does that mean what I think it means? That you'd have to lean it against something or put it in the stand when it is not in use?



No, it has a side stand. The Paddock stand is just used for doing stuff where you need the bike upright with the rear wheel off the ground.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38748
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by thekungfury @ Tue May 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Flight of the Navigator
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 33651
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Hooli @ Tue May 23, 2017 6:40 pm

First time I've even seen a modern bike with the retro treatment that's worked.

Agree the actual light is crap though.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber
 
Posts: 19568
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:04 pm
Location: The 1950s

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Barbarianna @ Tue May 23, 2017 10:41 pm

Thw ehole thing looks nicely crafted; IMO there's a similarity to the tech-retro fusion seen in the Singer Porsches.

The light design appears to serve the dual purpose of headlight surround and air intake, made from billet aluminium.
It looks ok to me in its own, though not as integrated with the rest of the design theme as it could be. I think its because ir doesnt contrast happily with the other materials; carbon looks quite wavy and hand-laid, which loos sloppy against the smooth shine of the aluminium. Id be tempted to inlay some steam-punk soul into the aluminium- maybe some rivets or a very fine curcular milled look.

Funny- im in the middle if completely rehashing a Tvr at the moment by myself, inside and out, so i guess that explains my verbose rationalisations of this guy's design decisions on his scooter. The rest of the time, my verbosity is just because.
Barbarianna
 
Posts: 4383
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed May 24, 2017 5:48 am

Barbarianna wrote:Funny- im in the middle if completely rehashing a Tvr at the moment by myself, inside and out.

This sounds like it needs its own thread Babs.
Last edited by Damien Thorn on Wed May 24, 2017 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 11976
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed May 24, 2017 8:19 am

Damien Thorn wrote:
Barbarianna wrote:Funny- im in the middle if completely rehashing a Tvr at the moment by myself, inside and out.

This sounds like it needs its own thread Babs.


Agreed - pretty disgraceful he's not done it already.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16024
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Barbarianna @ Thu May 25, 2017 1:28 am

Deuteronomy wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
Barbarianna wrote:Funny- im in the middle if completely rehashing a Tvr at the moment by myself, inside and out.

This sounds like it needs its own thread Babs.


Agreed - pretty disgraceful he's not done it already.


Well, now you mention it, I did take pics along the way with a half mind to do a build thread.
Will start one.
Barbarianna
 
Posts: 4383
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Aprilia RSV custom. Oh my.

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu May 25, 2017 8:28 am

Barbarianna wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
Barbarianna wrote:Funny- im in the middle if completely rehashing a Tvr at the moment by myself, inside and out.

This sounds like it needs its own thread Babs.


Agreed - pretty disgraceful he's not done it already.


Well, now you mention it, I did take pics along the way with a half mind to do a build thread.
Will start one.


No pictures on that thread I notice.

>drums fingers on desk<
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16024
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm


Return to Bike Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles