Big scooters - Anyone ?

Two wheels good.

Re: Big scooters - Anyone ?

Post by Dirk @ Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Il Duce wrote:
One advantage this time is you'll have the Channel tunnel so no messing about with those little boats.

The size of boats will be your problem, not ours

Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:11 pm

Dirk wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
One advantage this time is you'll have the Channel tunnel so no messing about with those little boats.

The size of boats will be your problem, not ours

Hey, f all to do with with us, we've just got the scrap contract for the beach clean-up.
FIATs have to be made of something you know.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Freddie @ Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:19 pm

Il Duce wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Freddie wrote:
minimoog wrote:
Freddie wrote:Benito!

Don't you start.

Axis Bros rule!

Viva La Figa!!!

Looks like Cloggy will cop it again.

Cloggy, give us a call if you need. Usual T&Cs

Useful tunnel really. Invade France in August, they won't notice as they are all on les vacances, load up the Leopard tanks in Calais and suddenly its Hallozer Folkestone. Ganz leicht!
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen

Post by Dirk @ Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Il Duce wrote:
Hey, f all to do with with us, we've just got the scrap contract for the beach clean-up.
FIATs have to be made of something you know.

You have your own carrier for that. Comes already rusty, perfect for Fiats

Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by NNK @ Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Maiden voyage yesterday, approx. 70km each way of city and A road (what they call motorway here , ha ha ha ha ha).
Its bloody awesome !
I saw 140kmh on the clock a couple of times (stationary on the centre stand your honour) and it cruises happily at 120.
Not sure how accurate speedo is but will GPS test over the weekend.
I don't normally care about economy but 4l to fill back up ! Isnt that nearly 100mpg ? Something wrong there surely .
Obv I look like a tw@t on it, but a v fast A to B tw@t. I removed top box when I got home as it looks wanky and I wont need the extra storage often .
Off to get a small screen for it today and a 12v socket fitted.
Currently it is getting 5 stars from me.
Last edited by NNK on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
NNK

Post by GingerNinja @ Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:36 am

NNK wrote:Maiden voyage yesterday, approx. 70km each way of city and A road (what they call motorway here , ha ha ha ha ha).
Its bloody awesome !
I saw 140kmh on the clock a couple of times (stationary on the centre stand your honour) and it cruises happily at 120.
Not sure how accurate speedo is but will GPS test over the weekend.
I don't normally care about economy but 4l to fill back up ! Isnt that nearly 100mpg ? Something wrong there surely .
Obv I look like a tw@t on it, but a v fast A to B tw@t. I removed top box when I got home as it looks wanky and I wont need the extra storage often .
Off to get a small screen for it today and a 12v socket fitted.
Currently it is getting 5 stars from me.

Photo please, you gaylord.
GingerNinja

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Oh you've bought one!

I was in BMW earlier and they now do an electric maxi scooter that looks quite futuristic and I was hoping you'd be the man to test it.

https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/model ... tric-motor
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by spast1kunt @ Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:43 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:Oh you've bought one!

I was in BMW earlier and they now do an electric maxi scooter that looks quite futuristic and I was hoping you'd be the man to test it.

Like.

There's a Plus version with a longer range for an extra £1300 too. The range on the base model is probably fine at 70-80 miles but the Plus would let you leave it hi-po mode all the time without worrying.
spast1kunt

Post by NNK @ Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:01 pm

spast1kunt wrote:
Tokyo Sexwale wrote:Oh you've bought one!

Like.

There's a Plus version with a longer range for an extra £1300 too. The range on the base model is probably fine at 70-80 miles but the Plus would let you leave it hi-po mode all the time without worrying.

Wow, amazing technology (well to me it is).
I would need the longer range version, doubt we will see either over here for a long time.

Still loving my choice, except for the hatred of scooters by drivers, I really feel for 50cc riders here.
Screen still hasn't arrived - grrr
NNK

Post by Il Duce @ Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:04 am

I finally got around to starting my Vespa- had no premix oil, petrol etc.

3rd kick and it was away and I took it for a spin. It's surprisingly fast in the same way the brakes are surprisingly shite.

I adjusted the brakes and things improved but then when I was changing the front tyre and using the brake to stop the wheel turning the cable snapped so I've ordered a set of cables to replace them all. Then I looked at the hub and it needed painting so I stripped it down and rubbed it down and resprayed it. Then I did the same with the back one. And changed the tyre (whitewalls of course) Then I could see the exhaust looked a bit grubby so I took it off and left it in a bath of caustic soda so it should be ready for spraying tomorrow after a quick clean up.

Then.. well I just keep finding little things to do. I thought this was going to be a simple case of clean it and ship it to Italy but it's turning into a project. And I'm really enjoying it. I have all the workshop, service and parts manuals and it really is so simple to work on and ebay is a godsend for parts. I also had to buy some tools after having lost most of mine over the years of not working on cars that never needed work.

No conclusion or message really except the gardening can piss off.
Oh and I need to buy some really good hand cleaner. Any recommendations?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Aesgarth @ Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:11 am

Il Duce wrote:Oh and I need to buy some really good hand cleaner. Any recommendations?

Orange swarfega
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p30081 ... MJZgbZp5Ug
Aesgarth

Highscores: 4

Post by Il Duce @ Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:24 am

Aesgarth wrote:
Il Duce wrote:Oh and I need to buy some really good hand cleaner. Any recommendations?

Orange swarfega
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p30081 ... MJZgbZp5Ug

Thanks. Having seen the stuff you did with the audi I think there can be no higher recommendation.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by moleamol @ Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Il Duce wrote:I also had to buy some tools after having lost most of mine over the years of not working on cars that never needed work.

Keep an eye on Halfords, I got a load of Halfords Advanced stuff half price and they have a no quibble lifetime exchange policy.
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support

Post by Freddie @ Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Il Duce wrote:I finally got around to starting my Vespa- had no premix oil, petrol etc.

3rd kick and it was away and I took it for a spin. It's surprisingly fast in the same way the brakes are surprisingly shite.

I adjusted the brakes and things improved but then when I was changing the front tyre and using the brake to stop the wheel turning the cable snapped so I've ordered a set of cables to replace them all. Then I looked at the hub and it needed painting so I stripped it down and rubbed it down and resprayed it. Then I did the same with the back one. And changed the tyre (whitewalls of course) Then I could see the exhaust looked a bit grubby so I took it off and left it in a bath of caustic soda so it should be ready for spraying tomorrow after a quick clean up.

Then.. well I just keep finding little things to do. I thought this was going to be a simple case of clean it and ship it to Italy but it's turning into a project. And I'm really enjoying it. I have all the workshop, service and parts manuals and it really is so simple to work on and ebay is a godsend for parts. I also had to buy some tools after having lost most of mine over the years of not working on cars that never needed work.

Pics and/or thread please. Grazie.
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen

Post by Pigeon @ Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:43 pm

Washing powder. Like what you put in the washing machine. Works a treat.
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert

Post by manfromdelmonte @ Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:25 am

Pigeon wrote:

Ideal for ID, he likes his whites whiter than white.
manfromdelmonte

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:21 am

manfromdelmonte wrote:
Pigeon wrote:

Ideal for ID, he likes his whites whiter than white.

biglaugh
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:22 am

Freddie wrote:
Il Duce wrote:I finally got around to starting my Vespa- had no premix oil, petrol etc.

Pics and/or thread please. Grazie.

Really? Ok. Prepare to be bored to tears.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by NNK @ Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:43 pm

The stuff that's available for the GTS !
I will need my one piece leathers on when/if it all gets done - what a tw@t I'll look (again)
NNK

Previous

Return to Bike Chat