2 piece leathers

Two wheels good.

Re: 2 piece leathers

Post by Disastrous @ Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:27 pm

spast1kunt wrote:They're not going to be very comfortable with the jacket facing forwards and the trousers facing backwards. Or is that how you're built Dis?

:hehe:

It's just an 'aggressive Euro cut'. If you were a pro rider you'd understand that.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Hooli @ Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Looks good Dis.

Wouldn't a jacket that fits over a t-shirt so it's tight enough to keep the armour in the right place & a fleece that fits over it all be a better plan though? That's what I went with (mostly by luck as I got my leathers off ebay).
Hooli
Turtle Rubber

Post by Disastrous @ Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Hooli wrote:Looks good Dis.

Wouldn't a jacket that fits over a t-shirt so it's tight enough to keep the armour in the right place & a fleece that fits over it all be a better plan though? That's what I went with (mostly by luck as I got my leathers off ebay).

Not in my experience - base layers and mid layers only really work under a windproof layer. A fleece over leathers will do nothing IMO as the wind will just blow through it.

It's not baggy - just that there's enough room to put something more than a t shirt under it - so I'm not too worried about the armour moving. The old jacket was t shirt tight, and it's just uncomfy when you're tucked up...pulls so tight across the shoulders it makes your arm numb. These guys are perfect in a riding position, which is what the previous ones were not!
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Hooli @ Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Ahh gotcha, I was thinking t-shirt tight in a riding position.

I used to wear a thick padded fleece over my jacket a lot, it did keep a lot of warmth in. It didn't work as well when I hung it over a light working on the cottage, turned the lights on & didn't notice the smell of burning till it had a 2" hole in the back...
Hooli
Turtle Rubber

Post by NNK @ Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:54 am

You'll want that jacket a snug fit when riding quick, you may need your fleece all the time to pad it out.
They flap around something shocking if loose, almost blurred vision levels of shaking at 140+ IIRC. Another reason I hardly ever wore my 2 piece back in the day.
NNK

Post by Disastrous @ Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Well, I'm just back from my 'maiden voyage' and am pleased to report they're comfy as balls and no flaps were observed.

I was wearing only a thin t shirt and was both warm and cool enough and found them a pleasure to ride in. Wish I'd bought them ages ago!
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by NNK @ Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Excellent, no excuse not to ride everywhere now
NNK

Post by Disastrous @ Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:04 am

NNK wrote:Excellent, no excuse not to ride everywhere now

Well, except for places I don't want to look like an X Man when I arrive!

Tokes - now your appendix is better and you clearly will have nothing else to do but post on here, tell me about your Kriega rucksack. What size is it? I've got some vouchers to spend at Infinity and quite fancy one but want to get a decent enough sized one to be able to put overnight stuff in. Was thinking the 25 would be minimum size...?

It's that or a back protector for the jacket. Does anyone use one and are they any good? I've not had one up until now so I won't 'miss' one if I don't get one but maybe a worthwhile upgrade...
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:13 am

Yes I've got the Kreiga R25 and its brilliant. I've also got a us-10 that's a dry pack you can attach to take the whole thing to 35l. The two together are great for touring and you can use the 10 just as a tail pack if you want. Well handy.

I've got thin foam back protectors in my bike jackets and only put a proper one on for trackdays.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Disastrous @ Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:19 am

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:Yes I've got the Kreiga R25 and its brilliant. I've also got a us-10 that's a dry pack you can attach to take the whole thing to 35l. The two together are great for touring and you can use the 10 just as a tail pack if you want. Well handy.

I've got thin foam back protectors in my bike jackets and only put a proper one on for trackdays.

Good. I also have a US10 and a US25 so good to know they combine. Though that said, I think you can clip the US10 to the bigger one so maybe they're better on the tail rather than on my back...I do like the tailpacks but in all honesty, rarely use them it's a bit of a faff getting it on - it's something I'd use to tour more than to nip into work or whatever.

I've got a LOMO waterproof backpack thing like this already:

It's aiiiight and very waterproof but you are aware it's there when in a riding position so maybe worth upgrading to the Kriega. Sounds like it might be a better use of the vouchers than a back protector as I've put the foam insert from my old jacket in the Dainese already.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Previous

Return to Bike Chat