Tell me about motorbikes

Two wheels good.

Re: Tell me about motorbikes

Post by NNK @ Fri May 31, 2019 12:23 am

Wow, another biker. Well done

Actually I'm not sure I can be called a biker at present as its only the Vespa 250 in the garage at the moment, I am eyeing up a Husky 701 supermotard though
NNK

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:19 pm

I have to do another update for this thread, and I will, soon. Don't think that I've gone off riding though, after I dropped my bike. I haven't.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:25 pm

Ooh, and I need to talk about filtering as well. But I might do an actual thread for that, and I have to do something first.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:43 pm

My motorbike wouldn't start yesterday, when I hopped on to go to work. I went pretty instantly from baffled to furious, but then because I am well calm and tranquil nowadays, I hopped in the Shogun and commuted like a boss. I've only had it for three months, so I whined to the sales garage and they collected it this morning, to mend. In the meantime, Nery had diagnosed the fault in the space of one single text message, the beast. I'm going to edit a picture in here in a sec.

Starter spinning like a nutter, engine having none of it.

So this morning a big van pulled up and Tormund off of Game Of Thrones colossally flung my bike up a little ramp into it. And like I've discovered always happens now I'm A Biker, we had a really interesting and friendly conversation about his work history with bikes, how long he's been riding, how the habit only ever gets bigger with time, how his friend died recently, and etcs. Every time I start a conversation with another bike person, it turns into a 'proper' conversation. It's fab.

I was forlorn not to be able to ride to work yesterday, and I'm genuinely pining to ride again as soon as possible. It is so, so brilliant.
Last edited by Damien Thorn on Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by NNK @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:Ooh, and I need to talk about filtering as well. But I might do an actual thread for that, and I have to do something first.

Dont do it so fast that you smash both your mirrors when the gap closes on you
NNK

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:17 pm

I'll have you know that I've only clipped someone's mirror ONCE.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by NNK @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:I'll have you know that I've only clipped someone's mirror ONCE.

Well you must be a very mature and safety conscious rider, I commend you.
NNK

Previous

Return to Bike Chat