Benelli Dynamo Scrambler Restoration

Two wheels good.

Re: Benelli Dynamo Scrambler Restoration

Post by wi11iam @ Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Might yet resort to grinding down one of the puller feet so it gets past the casing.

But the it’ll probably sulk and bind as not using the Special Tool.
wi11iam

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:47 am

Some parts of that remind me of the little red bastard. I feel for you.

Not sure if you know but I'll tell you anyway, the piston grooves should have 1 notch in each. This is where the ends of the piston rings should be (either side of the notch) when you slide the piston into the head. Mark the piston on top with a sharpie where each one is and it'll make it easier to line them up.
I only found this out by a chance comment from a friend talking about his kart build. He found out the hard way.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by wi11iam @ Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:57 am

Thanks ID. Engine rebuild going to be a while away at this point but that’s still helpful and with it being here I hopefully won’t forget it.

In today’s news: lawnmower is officially dead. Something seized in the engine to make the start pull really notchy and so wouldn’t start so the lot has gone to the tip. Only 6 months after the wife told me to do exactly that before I started tinkering. I’m just not going to fess up as the piss taking will be merciless.
wi11iam

Post by wi11iam @ Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Swing arm has been stripped and repainted - more of later - and has had plenty of time to harden and I got an hour or two to potter in the garage so the reassembly has begun.

Generally easy but for one nut having gone AWOL and a brake shoe shedding the friction pad - all can be bought (I think) cheaply but it does limit the front end for now.

I don’t think the rattle can swing arm is as bright as the gun paint on the frame but I doubt anyone will be able to tellll in daylight - but input welcome as it’s ‘speak now or forever lump it’ time.

Anyway. That’s probably it for a few months as I’m away (not NNK style) but will pick up in the spring.
wi11iam

Previous

Return to Bike Chat