VR things

Computers, gaming, gadgets and geekery.

VR things

Post by foo @ Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:25 pm

My Quest back-order was put back another 12 days to Feb 10th (not Scan's fault), so I had a look around and saw Amazon were selling the 128GB version with delivery by Thursday, tomorrow-Thursday. They had no stock when I initially looked.

I cancelled the Scan order last night which was refunded this morning, thankscan, and had the new dispatch notice this afternoon. Looking forward to the weekend a tiny bit more than usual.
foo
Spamcop
Spamcop

Re: VR things

Post by foo @ Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:57 pm

I love Beat Saber. I wish there was an easy way (no bluetooth adapter, no audio cable) to play the audio out of the hifi. I'm sure it'll be able to be streamed at some point since it can cast AV to my phone/Chromecast so you can see what someone is seeing.

Moss is stunning, really relaxing, enchanting even. I need to have a bit of time to play it properly.

The Vader Immortal series is very good too, came free with the Quest, not sure I'd want to pay for it but it is good.

I've not even tried Elite: Dangerous yet. Not tried E:D in VR since the Rift devkit came out, will start this weekend.

I love it.
foo
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:17 am

Do you like the look of Half Life Alyx Foo?

I was a huge Half Life fan back on the day, and trailers etc for the new game look terrific. But not terrific enough for me to get vr kit to play it on.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by foo @ Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:50 pm

Yeah looks good. I'll wait for reviews though. HL2 was really good, played that on a plane once on my old MBP.
foo
Spamcop
Spamcop

Return to Computers & Gaming & Gadgets