Taken any good pictures lately?

Happy snappers.

Re: Taken any good pictures lately?

Post by Disastrous @ Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:32 am

The bootfitter was very sympathetic - she easily grasped that the problem here is down to the simply enormous forces my legs and speed are able to exert, and the fact that ‘ordinary’ ski boots simply fold like origami under my might, leading to cramps and such at speed.

As such, these monsters are basically cast iron but not to be beaten my feet decided to twist themselves out of all recognition, smashing the toes into the liner, instantly compressing it like eggshell.

I imagine much the same was what was happening to you.

3W!
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Deuteronomy @ Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:42 am

Well yes, I often find my boot liners have been (due to the enormous forces being transmitted though them) turned into pure diamond.

At the end of a hard run I throw them into the crowds of cheering locals, mere trinkets - but they love me for my generosity.

3W!
Last edited by Deuteronomy on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuteronomy

Post by Disastrous @ Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:06 am

Funny you should say that, as I was laying fresh powder lines on the face of Halslspitze, Germany commented that my skis were actually shitting pure diamonds out the tails, making the effect something akin to the Silver Surfer, all due to how much I was able to compress the snow.

Didn’t bother picking them up because I shop at Waitrose, you imbecile!
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:34 am

Disastrous wrote:Funny you should say that, as I was laying fresh powder lines on the face of Halslspitze, Germany commented that my skis were actually shitting pure diamonds out the tails, making the effect something akin to the Silver Surfer, all due to how much I was able to compress the snow.

I think she was hinting that you were plump.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Disastrous @ Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:24 am

Il Duce wrote:
Disastrous wrote:Funny you should say that, as I was laying fresh powder lines on the face of Halslspitze, Germany commented that my skis were actually shitting pure diamonds out the tails, making the effect something akin to the Silver Surfer, all due to how much I was able to compress the snow.

I think she was hinting that you were plump.

I can see that it might look like that to a tiny Italian who could live in one of my ski boots, but I assure it’s just a function of power and strength.

You know how the Italians from Sudtirol are like normal Italians except bigger and stronger? And then you have the Austrians who are bigger and stronger still? Well then you have the likes of me and Deuts who are rightly recognised as snow-titans by the official mountain federation of the world.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Deuteronomy @ Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:32 am

Disastrous wrote:You know how the Italians from Sudtirol are like normal Italians except bigger and stronger? And then you have the Austrians who are bigger and stronger still? Well then you have the likes of me and Deuts who are rightly recognised as snow-titans by the official mountain federation of the world.

It's true, remember the statues the villagers put up?

Humbling of course, but I wish they'd put their money to better use - we did build that school for the orphans using our good looks and power, but still, no need to thank us.
Deuteronomy

Post by Disastrous @ Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:42 am

The fact that we still took the honours in the all-comers street/breakdance comp that night speaks volumes of our common touch!
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:50 am

Deuteronomy wrote:
Disastrous wrote:You know how the Italians from Sudtirol are like normal Italians except bigger and stronger? And then you have the Austrians who are bigger and stronger still? Well then you have the likes of me and Deuts who are rightly recognised as snow-titans by the official mountain federation of the world.

Humbling of course, but I wish they'd put their money to better use - we did build that school for the orphans using our good looks and power, but still, no need to thank us.

Ah so you pair are the reason they sold their piste bashing machines- they just took you to the top and rolled you down.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:18 pm

South coast.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:30 pm

:like:
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:11 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:

Who could forget that statue....

Snowman_9a3909_309312.jpg
Accurate Portrayal
Snowman_9a3909_309312.jpg (44.35 KiB) Viewed 237 times
Careless Whisperer

Highscores: 5

Post by minimoog @ Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:47 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:South coast.

Superb. I'd be well pleased with that.
minimoog

Post by Monty @ Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:20 am

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:South coast.

Nice sand!

I have a new camera...D810. So I've gone all full-frame.
An eBay purchase that needed a good sensor clean which turned out to be beyond my abilities.
I also bought a new Nikon 24-70mm VR lens having stupidly 'won' a non VR 24/70mm Nikon.

Anyway. I didn't use it to take this last week...

Long-tailed Tit's Arse.jpg
Long-tailed Tit's Arse.jpg (232.64 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Monty

Location: Lost my shape Trying to act casual! Can't stop, I might end up in the hospital

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:10 am

Beautiful shot monts.
Tokyo Sexwale

Previous

Return to Photography