I want to take pictures of birds

Happy snappers.

Re: I want to take pictures of birds

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:14 pm

Disastrous wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:I know nothing of photography and can barely tell one end of a camera from the other - so I'm ideally placed to step in and judge this, you're most welcome.

I liked Dis' picture, I found the subject matter intriguing and the composition pleasing.

Thanks deuts, I felt certain you would show up in support. As one of the leading naturalists in the UK, your opinion carries much weight. Not like these arseholes!

No problemo.

>3W<
Deuteronomy

Post by minimoog @ Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:11 pm

It's spelled n a t u r i s t.
minimoog

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:28 am

Turntable wrote:
thekungfury wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:Some interesting information on feral parakeets here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_parakeets_in_Great_Britain

Last year my wife swore blind that some parrots were in our garden. I ridiculed her enough for her to find that story about them escaping from Pinewood but, obv, I refused to back down.

Then one day we were in traffic in Egham on our way to Heathrow (LHR) and a flock circled the car about half a dozen times, the point proving bastards.

Very strange that this was last year. Anywhere from Windsor down the M3 corridor is absolutely riddled with them. I reckon if I spend a day in Berkshire I would see more parakeets than sparrows on average.

I’ve lived in the Royal County of Berkshire for nearly 20yrs and never noticed them. Maybe it’s one of those things where you get your eye in and see them all the time?
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by S1K @ Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:08 am

My aunt and uncle live in West Wickham in Kent and they've had green parakeets around there for many years.
S1K

Previous

Return to Photography