More stuff...and a few nice ones...

Motoring "For Sale" and "Wanted"...cars, bikes, parts and accessories.

More stuff...and a few nice ones...

Post by Me. @ Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:35 am

Have a bunch of ex dealer stock to clear.
Firstly....a really nice car...2004 Passat V6 TDi estate. 153000 miles with loads of history incl two belt changes (last done 20000 back). Great spec with heated half leather/alcantara seats that get warm in seconds, Top end JVC double-din stereo, climatronic aircon, remote locking with both working keys, 17" alloys with almost new tyres, chrome rails, load cover, etc. Pulls like a train through 6 speed box and is super comfy. £1995.00.

2005 Daihatsu Terios Tracker 1300cc 4x4. Five door, aircon, tow-bar (the guy had a tip trailer and only used it once), leccy windows, CD player, new MOT. £1995.00 A great tiny 4x4 that's a good commuter and even better mud plugger than you would imagine. Price gone up due to new gearbox/transfer box.

2004 Peugeot 407 SV 2.0 16V Petrol.....issue with hesitation sorted after fitting new MAP, AFM and EGR. But price dropped to clear.....a really nice car to drive, fantastically comfy and smooth, economical, well equipped and not even that bad looking really. £1100.00

2000 BMW E46 318Ci with new Rad, waterpump, thermostat, expansion tank, basically a new cooling system....the most common downfall and cause of HG failure on the M43 motors. Caught...the engine will do good mileages but don't expect it to go as well as it looks....it was a shit engine when it started life as a M40.....it's only gotten worse by draping another 400 kgs over it. However, a very nice tight drive with good looks. Debadged....so no-one else knows it's so slow it gets bird-strikes on the back windows. £800.00

2002 Saab 9-5 2.0T Estate Auto, low 94000 miles with heated leather. In nice nick with new MOT. Rear solid load cover, roof rails, remote locking, leccy windows, good spec and decent alloys and tyres. £1100.

2000 Alfa 156 2.5 V6 24V Manual Sedan with daft coffee table rear spoiler.....FFS. But, cambelt been done recently, new suspension (still one lower wishbone to fit) silver with black Momo leather, heater not great due to stuck flap but fantastic soundtrack and fairly rapid. 17" Coverleaf alloys. Hard to find as a V6 and this one is solid and straight. £1100.

2005 Vectra 1800 banger. Shame....drives really well. Comes with free paper bag for head. But, cheap car with history at £500
2002 Passat 1.8T sedan, same as above but no bag required.

passat8.jpg
passat8.jpg (149.69 KiB) Viewed 8394 times

ter2.jpg
ter2.jpg (127.67 KiB) Viewed 8394 times

156v61.jpg
156v61.jpg (244.76 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
Me.

Re: More stuff...and a few nice ones...

Post by Deuteronomy @ Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:55 pm

Me, is the Passat manual?

My in-laws are looking for a nice auto estate you see (I'm guessing the 6 speed you refer to is manual)
Deuteronomy

Post by Deuteronomy @ Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:22 am

Deuteronomy wrote:Me, is the Passat manual?

My in-laws are looking for a nice auto estate you see (I'm guessing the 6 speed you refer to is manual)

Me!

Hello!
Deuteronomy

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:55 am

Really love/am terrified by that 156.

I don't think Alfa got enough props for the rear door handle. Car makers don't do enough nice stuff like that these days.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Me. @ Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:23 am

Sorry....down at the workshop for a bit.....bloody Alfa suspension is doing my head in....don't buy one.

The Passat is a manual sadly.....though the Saab estate is auto.....but petrol. Mind you....if driven similarly they would both achieve similar mpg I reckon.
Me.

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:35 am

thekungfury wrote:am terrified

At £1100, the terror is pretty limited.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:34 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:
thekungfury wrote:am terrified

At £1100, the terror is pretty limited.

True enough.

It's the whatwillitcostme and whenwillitbreakdown terrors that concern me more though.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Me. @ Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:29 pm

After spending two fcuking days fitting new front suspension to the bitch there's not much left to go wrong....but now I'm tempted again to keep it. If just for the noise.
Me.

Post by spast1kunt @ Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:57 pm

Me. wrote:Sorry....down at the workshop for a bit.....bloody Alfa suspension is doing my head in....don't buy one.

I don't think you're supposed to say that. Y'know, seeing as how you're meant to be selling it.

My mother used to have a 156 Sportwagon which she absolutely loved. It has a bit of the "Italian ape" seating position problem but it wasn't unreliable in the ten years she owned it.
spast1kunt

Post by Me. @ Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Haha...yeah....but then it is Italian. I'd love to find the cnut who designed the front suspension.....or all twelve of them really, like a Chinese fcuking puzzle. Then after struggling for two days to get the new parts to fit I discover that the ball joints on the wishbones are 15mm longer than the old ones (which were a pig to get out as well) so the only way to fit them is to remove the drive shafts. The problem with that is that then with the wishbones in place you can't fit the drive shafts. You could remove the entire strut assy but then you wouldn't be able to get it over the hub to refit it. It's a fcuking mess. A two man job that required me to lower the car onto a pile of alloys to compress the strut, angle grind the old drop links and track rod ends off then insert a pry bar and lean with my full weight on that while trying to get a thread to take on the new parts so I can let go and tighten it all up. The parts supplier replied to my screaming enquiry about the length of the ball joints that they could get new (double the price) parts in but that they didn't know what the length of those were anyway....meantime I have a customers W203 waiting for work and need the Alfa off the ramp. I had to cut the 15mm off the ball joints in order to get them to fit thus voiding the warranty on them. Bastards.
Me.

Post by Cloggy @ Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:47 pm

I understand every word in this post but have no fcuking clue what you are talking about.
Cloggy

Post by Il Duce @ Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Cloggy wrote:I understand every word in this post but have no fcuking clue what you are talking about.

CTF has finally become like day to day life for you.

Kids taking you to Switzerland soon?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Cloggy @ Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:08 pm

Il Duce wrote:
Cloggy wrote:I understand every word in this post but have no fcuking clue what you are talking about.

CTF has finally become like day to day life for you.

Kids taking you to Switzerland soon?

Yep, they say we are going ski-ing.
Cloggy

Return to Motor Auctions