BMW E36 Alpina B3 3.2 ST

Motoring "For Sale" and "Wanted"...cars, bikes, parts and accessories.

BMW E36 Alpina B3 3.2 ST

Post by Me. @ Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:41 am

Time to sell the BMW E36 Alpina B3 3.2 Switch-Tronic. This is a rare car, number 47/70 and uses the M52 engine bored and stroked to 3.2. The 2.8 it's based on is a 192BHP motor, this is 265. It's also one of the first paddle shift cars with Alpina doing the modifications to the box and steering controls. In all fairness, it's not that bad considering the quality of early paddle shifts from mainstream manufacturers back then .
A few of these were basic cars with basic spec but this has the whole lot. Full OBD, Climate Control, Becker Audio with integrated Satnav (looks like an ordinary radio......but has an arrow and primitive direction indication but still works), Piped leather sport seats, wood capping, Blue carpeting, M3 mirrors, Valve-in-hub staggered 17" alloys, loads more. It comes with a HUGE amount of history including all the Tracker paperwork to reactivate if required, but it needs a few things sorted. The bonnet needs to be resprayed due to the clearcoat lifting as is the norm on BMW Blue paint for some odd reason and there are a few small spots of rust here and there....left rear arch, leading edge of screen. Nothing perforated but I can't get to it right now (or for a few months while I have a load of import cars like the Impala SS and the 456 GTA to sort out and get ready) and my paintshop guys are apparently all going to warmer climates for a while since we had such a mundane summer here.
I've adjusted the price accordingly......£10995 as it stands or £12995 with all the work done, which leaves any buyer change if they can do the work themselves or shop it out.
With standard E36 328i's making £5/6K these days and this being the rarest version of the E36 coupe it's a good useable investment. 102000 miles on a very reliable engine is still low for a 20 year old car.
Used library pics of actual car from Alpina Register, still looks the same and pics don't show the clear coat bubbles anyway.

b322.jpg
b322.jpg (57.3 KiB) Viewed 414 times

b35.jpg
b35.jpg (133.22 KiB) Viewed 414 times

b32.jpg
b32.jpg (136.25 KiB) Viewed 414 times
Me.

Re: BMW E36 Alpina B3 3.2 ST

Post by Barbarianna @ Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:52 am

Alpinas and their owners are quite a precise bunch arent they?

In speculative terms, I wonder which car around the £10k mark will appreciate the most over the next 2 years?
M cars and Alpinas have got to be among the candidates.
Barbarianna

Post by Me. @ Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:27 pm

There's Alpina guys and M spec guys....even Hartge, similar to Mercedes and AMG/Brabus/Lorinser. But in all honesty I'm not really an Alpina fan (I prefer BMW M-Tech). In particular the older BMW's with the awful Alpina striping on the sides and flimsy spoilers, way too decorative imo. But I think they will be more and more collectible as they thin out. One thing that amazes me is that MK2 Jags haven't hardly moved in values over the last ten years.....E-Types went through the roof so you would expect the MK2 to follow somewhat, but they have stayed around the same values for ever it seems.
Last edited by Me. on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me.

Post by Freddie @ Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:05 pm

Me. wrote:" One thing that amazes me is that MK2 Jags haven't hardly moved in values over the last ten years.....E-Types went through the roof so you would expect the MK2 to follow somewhat, but they have stayed around the same values for ever it seems".

Or the Daimler 250 with that amazing Turner engine. Luvverly.
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen

Post by spast1kunt @ Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:36 am

Mk2 Jags aren't rare. They're lovely to look at but there are just so many of them them still out there. If you include the Daimlers they made well over 100,000 of them. Go on carandclassic and select Mk2 and you get 157 results.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/22/mk2/
spast1kunt

Return to Motor Auctions