Cameron (Engineering)

Business, employment and matters of the law.

Cameron (Engineering)

Post by snotrag @ Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:45 pm

Does anybody work for / deal with Cameron in the UK?

I've been reading a little about getting into the O&G industry after I finish my Engineering Design Degree.

Never heard of this company until today. where I've spotted they have an open day at a facility in Leeds (which is where I'm from). Interesting, as there doesnt seem to be much heavy industry in Leeds, its all money and property.

Just interested if anyone can tell me anything about them, what they do, etc etc, a website can only tell you so much.

I'm gonna tart up my CV and get down to the open day next weekend for sure, and also going to ask about the possibility of getting some work experience in over the Summer.
snotrag

Post by D_T_W @ Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:09 pm

Don't know much about them, but at Offshore Europe last year, they had 1 of the biggest stands at the exhibition, and were in amonst the big boys (Shell, BP, Exxon). I would take from that, that they are a decent sized company! Don't know what they would be like to work for though
D_T_W

Re: Cameron (Engineering)

Post by Fume Troll @ Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:56 pm

Yeah, we work with them, and use quite a bit of their kit. Seem like a pretty good company, a friend is the contracts manager for one of their locations and is pretty happy with his lot.

Main area of operations is in pressure control equipment: Wellheads, Blow out prevention equipment, flow systems for subsea wells, and the controls that go along with it all. Lots of proper engineering, lots of proper heavy manufacturing.

Lots of people knock the upstream O&G industry, but I've found it a great place to be, especially if you want to travel.

Cheers,

FT.
Fume Troll

Return to The Legal Department