What are you listening to?

We all love to talk about music.

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:30 pm

Extraordinary and brilliant.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48090
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by stuart @ Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:07 pm

This has the most incredible lyrics.

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY
User avatar
stuart
I know a front door when I see one
 
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: All up in your biznez!
Highscores: 2

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:50 pm

stuart wrote:This has the most incredible lyrics.

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

Brilliant video stuart!
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48090
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Disastrous @ Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:51 pm

thekungfury wrote:A soulful dude with a nice jazzy feel. Roni Size peeps does this bassline remind you of him? (even though completely different genre)

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtmAAZPgxhM



Instant Brown Paper Bag for me. Good.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 37934
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by stuart @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:05 pm

User avatar
stuart
I know a front door when I see one
 
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: All up in your biznez!
Highscores: 2

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:
stuart wrote:This has the most incredible lyrics.

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

Brilliant video stuart!

That's properly superb. Already knew and loved the song but hadn't seen the video. Excellent!
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 32897
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:46 pm

It's the 20th anniversary of DJ Shadow's Entroducing album. Holy fcuk!

Really cool mix here made from the tracks sampled in the album.
https://soundcloud.com/ninja-tune/sets/solid-steel-radio-show-18-11
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 32897
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:13 pm

Bloke busking is joined by some guy in the street with an awesome voice. Then they're joined by another guy who can sing and rap. I'm 99% sure it's real (certainly looks to be) and it's superb.

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUFVR5sgbt0
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 32897
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Strawman @ Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:20 pm

:heart: both of those
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 37035
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Bodhi @ Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:30 pm

Can somebody start a CTF spotify playlist and make it public please. I well like some of these choons E spesh the DJ Shadow that our Stuart posted, however I've not the time to write them down nor the inclination to be starting my own goddam playlist called CTF, I've bitches to do motherfuckers.

Thanks
User avatar
Bodhi
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 am

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by minimoog @ Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:50 pm

I'm a year out of date but I only heard this yesterday. Proper banger this like.

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJd7TlZjFFs
User avatar
minimoog
 
Posts: 8643
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:03 pm

Bodhi wrote:Can somebody start a CTF spotify playlist and make it public please. I well like some of these choons E spesh the DJ Shadow that our Stuart posted, however I've not the time to write them down nor the inclination to be starting my own goddam playlist called CTF, I've bitches to do motherfuckers.

Thanks

I started doing one for the 90s rave thread we had the other day. I added about 2 songs before E>r kicked in.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 32897
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:38 pm

Found this absolute gem in the record shop today so grabbed it and a,listening to it now with a Peroni.


Image
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 37934
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Strawman @ Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Result, but all the cool kids are into the Astrud Gilberto B sides, soz.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 37035
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Strawman wrote:Result, but all the cool kids are into the Astrud Gilberto B sides, soz.



I care not for the cool kids strawms. Time and again we see the mainstream following my lead. This will be the same.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 37934
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by stuart @ Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:55 am

User avatar
stuart
I know a front door when I see one
 
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: All up in your biznez!
Highscores: 2

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by minimoog @ Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:52 pm

Get trashed, kick back, and put this on really fcuking loud.

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq0xP1aL9-U
Last edited by minimoog on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
minimoog
 
Posts: 8643
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Strawman @ Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Hammer time, Jan Hammer that is

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7sBGBGDvhg
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 37035
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Strawman, stuart, monty get your laughing gear round this. Maybe moog, ceej, Dis, KM and foo too?

It's Burialesque. The drop at 3:19 gave me an erection*

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qnQCt7WEEE
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 32897
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Disastrous @ Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:19 am

Lana Del Rey's new single.

I think it's her best since Video Games and has a proper catchy chorus that I've been humming for the last couple of days:

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-NTv0CdFCk


I very love it though a side of me is worried I'm actually a hipster girl.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 37934
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:49 am

Disastrous wrote:Lana Del Rey's new single.

I think it's her best since Video Games and has a proper catchy chorus that I've been humming for the last couple of days:

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-NTv0CdFCk


I very love it though a side of me is worried I'm actually a hipster girl.


I thought her first album was fantastic but I struggled a bit with the second - is the third out now?

Still, I think she's great Dis and if both you and I like her then it's solid proof it must be butch as hell.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 14900
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by stuart @ Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:49 pm

User avatar
stuart
I know a front door when I see one
 
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: All up in your biznez!
Highscores: 2

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Disastrous @ Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:
Disastrous wrote:Lana Del Rey's new single.

I think it's her best since Video Games and has a proper catchy chorus that I've been humming for the last couple of days:

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-NTv0CdFCk


I very love it though a side of me is worried I'm actually a hipster girl.


I thought her first album was fantastic but I struggled a bit with the second - is the third out now?

Still, I think she's great Dis and if both you and I like her then it's solid proof it must be butch as hell.



Second as in, Ultraviolence, or the Born to Die special edition long version? Anyway, she brought out another in late 2015 called Honeymoon which I love too.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 37934
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by CJ+ @ Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:12 pm

thekungfury wrote:Strawman, stuart, monty get your laughing gear round this. Maybe moog, ceej, Dis, KM and foo too?

It's Burialesque. The drop at 3:19 gave me an erection*

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qnQCt7WEEE

>tumesces also<
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 14932
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by stuart @ Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Love that Teeks.
User avatar
stuart
I know a front door when I see one
 
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: All up in your biznez!
Highscores: 2

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by minimoog @ Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Weird - just mashing out to that track now.
User avatar
minimoog
 
Posts: 8643
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by CJ+ @ Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:23 am

If you like psy/goa trance, try this. If you don't, don't. Obv.

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk85aJGthyQ
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 14932
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by thekungfury @ Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Best song I've heard in ages. 19yr old guy from Peckham. Huge talent. Reminds me of Finley Quaye. Listen and love immediately.

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRjWu7hAOz0
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 32897
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Like that, good find!
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48090
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by minimoog @ Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Yep like that.
User avatar
minimoog
 
Posts: 8643
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to Music Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles