Amazon Prime people - Music any good?

We all love to talk about music.

Amazon Prime people - Music any good?

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:51 am

I currently use Spotify but might change to Amazon however I just had a look and the music you get on Prime is like Music Lite. To get their Unlimited service (40m songs vs 2m and various currated playlists) costs an extra £8/mth.

I'll give the free trial a go but what do you think of your Prime Music?

My tastes are pretty varied and often obscure and I worry it'll just be pop stuff on the standard one.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Re: Amazon Prime people - Music any good?

Post by Disastrous @ Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:54 am

The music service that comes with Prime (as opposed to the dearer one) is fcuking woeful. I don't think it's ever had anything I've thought of and searched for. Proper shite.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:08 am

Disastrous wrote:The music service that comes with Prime (as opposed to the dearer one) is fcuking woeful. I don't think it's ever had anything I've thought of and searched for. Proper shite.

Figured that might be the case. Damn.

Have you tried the full version?
thekungfury

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:14 am

Disastrous wrote:The music service that comes with Prime (as opposed to the dearer one) is fcuking woeful. I don't think it's ever had anything I've thought of and searched for. Proper shite.

Some of the playlists are ok I think. Then again I'm not Into music as much as you two so.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Disastrous @ Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:25 am

thekungfury wrote:

Figured that might be the case. Damn.

Have you tried the full version?

No. I'm sure it's better but frankly on top of paying whatever-it-is per year for Prime, plus the £7 a month I pay for Apple Music, which is pretty good, I am unlikely too.

It sort of annoys me on principle, that you pay for a premium service and then have to pay more to get all of it.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Monty @ Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:33 am

:blush:

I didn't even know you could get music on Prime. I think I'll stick to my free version of Spotify...
Monty

Location: Lost my shape Trying to act casual! Can't stop, I might end up in the hospital

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:41 am

Monty wrote::blush:

I didn't even know you could get music on Prime. I think I'll stick to my free version of Spotify...

Neither did I. I only got it to watch Claarckson.

Do you get to keep the music you listen to or are you just able to listen to it?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:56 am

Disastrous wrote:It sort of annoys me on principle, that you pay for a premium service and then have to pay more to get all of it.

Same. I'd rather pay Spotify £10/mth than give Amazon £8 because they tried to trick me.
thekungfury

Post by Disastrous @ Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:37 am

thekungfury wrote:
Disastrous wrote:It sort of annoys me on principle, that you pay for a premium service and then have to pay more to get all of it.

Same. I'd rather pay Spotify £10/mth than give Amazon £8 because they tried to trick me.

Yah, I appreciate it's being a bit qube about it but I can't change who I am, dammit.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by CJ+ @ Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:01 am

I have a Groove Music pass and it pisses on Amazon Prime Music from an enormous height. The catalogue is better, the app is better, everything is better.

Dunno what the premium Amazon music service is like.
CJ+

Return to Music Chat