album only

We all love to talk about music.

album only

Post by stuart @ Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 pm

I hate this, I want to buy a track and every track is available to but separately apart from one. Probably because its best track on album!

I wanted a single track a few weeks ago but it was album only, so I bought the album. But I decided if I'm buying the album I want the disc. Album came after a few days. Couldn't find the track, I bought try he wrong bloody album!!
stuart
I know a front door when I see one

Highscores: 2

Re: album only

Post by Freddie @ Thu May 18, 2017 8:38 pm

Spotify, or am I being simple?
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen

Post by stuart @ Thu May 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Freddie wrote:Spotify, or am I being simple?

A couple of things put me off Spotify, I don't like the ads and I don't like paying for music but then not owning it. Also most of the time when I'm listening to music, it's on my phone walking to / from work and I don't have a plan with data. So streaming spotify is impossible.
stuart

Post by Freddie @ Thu May 18, 2017 8:43 pm

stuart wrote:
Freddie wrote:Spotify, or am I being simple?

A couple of things put me off Spotify, I don't like the ads and I don't like paying for music but then not owning it. Also most of the time when I'm listening to music, it's on my phone walking to / from work and I don't have a plan with data. So streaming spotify is impossible.

£10 a months allows you to download your music to your phone without ads. No phone/wifi connection needed to play your music. HTH.
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen

Post by stuart @ Thu May 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Another music fcuk I remember from last week.

I bought a track, which was called the track name.

Turns out, it wasn't the track, it was fcuking singer talking about the track!

WTF, is this even a thing?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Parlour-Song/dp/B01M4NTBU3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495136778&sr=8-1&keywords=israel+nash+parlour+song

Is their anything on this page that would say to you, this isn't actually the song. It's just talking about the song?
Last edited by stuart on Thu May 18, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stuart

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu May 18, 2017 8:50 pm

The preview and the review?
Käsemeister

Post by Pigeon @ Thu May 18, 2017 8:57 pm

stuart wrote:Couldn't find the track, I bought try he wrong bloody album!!

I did that once. Someone had a tape of Tangerine Dream "Exit" which had an extra track on the end that my copy didn't have, and it bugged me. So I went round humming it to other people who liked Tangerine Dream to try and find out what it was, and someone said it sounded like White Eagle, so I went out and bought White Eagle. And I sat there and played it through and I could see why he'd said that because it did keep sounding like it was just about to do the bit I'd been humming, but it never actually did it and wasn't really the right answer. So I was talking about this to someone else who was there at the time but wasn't particularly into Tangerine Dream, and hummed it to him as well, and he said "Oh, that's Crockett's Theme". - "What the fcuk is Crockett's Theme?" - apparently it was off some TV show and not Tangerine Dream at all. Anyway, I got Crockett's Theme and it turned out to be the right answer.
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert

Post by Hooli @ Thu May 18, 2017 9:13 pm

Miami Vice I think Pidge.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber

Post by Disastrous @ Thu May 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Jam Hammer. Superb bit of music but I can see why it might be mistaken for TD.

I only buy albums I'm afraid so can't advise.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by mmm-five @ Fri May 19, 2017 9:39 am

Pigeon wrote:
stuart wrote:Couldn't find the track, I bought try he wrong bloody album!!

I did that once. Someone had a tape of Tangerine Dream "Exit" which had an extra track on the end that my copy didn't have, and it bugged me. So I went round humming it to other people who liked Tangerine Dream to try and find out what it was, and someone said it sounded like White Eagle, so I went out and bought White Eagle. And I sat there and played it through and I could see why he'd said that because it did keep sounding like it was just about to do the bit I'd been humming, but it never actually did it and wasn't really the right answer. So I was talking about this to someone else who was there at the time but wasn't particularly into Tangerine Dream, and hummed it to him as well, and he said "Oh, that's Crockett's Theme". - "What the fcuk is Crockett's Theme?" - apparently it was off some TV show and not Tangerine Dream at all. Anyway, I got Crockett's Theme and it turned out to be the right answer.

You're not my niece, and actually called 'Laura' are you?

Because she does almost exactly the same thing.

She'll come around and hum a song to me, by a specific artist, with a few random words which she insists is the title, and expects me to find the on iTunes for her.

Usually after about an hour we find the song and it's a 20 year old song she'd heard on an advert by some artist she's never heard off.

Then she shows me a lost of another 20 or so she wants, but the artists & titles may not be correct either!
mmm-five

Post by S1K @ Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 am

Disastrous wrote:Jam Hammer

Jan Hammer

It's one of the first singles I ever bought.
S1K

Post by Disastrous @ Fri May 19, 2017 10:44 am

spast1kunt wrote:
Disastrous wrote:Jam Hammer

Jan Hammer

It's one of the first singles I ever bought.

fcuking iPad, of course it is! I've spoken to him on the phone, fact fans.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Return to Music Chat