What are your walking songs?

We all love to talk about music.

What are your walking songs?

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:27 pm

I was motating along the other day and noticed the music I was listening to had the same tempo as my footsteps. There's a very good chance I adapted my footsteps to the beat but for the purposes of this thread please shut up about it.

Anyway I've looked up the track and the bpm is 97. This website lists all the songs with the same bpm and I'm going to make a walking playlist, y'dig? https://www.cs.ubc.ca/~Davet/music/bpm/index.html

This was the original tune
Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqmHW7CqHBg


And now I can add the following
Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr0tTbTbmVA

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1fzJ_AYajA

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWJE0x7T4Q

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2soGJXQAQec

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La4Dcd1aUcE

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPfmNxKLDG4

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92FCRmggNqQ

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Y0cy-nvAg

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7FKc1JQe4
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 35099
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Pigeon @ Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:41 pm

He-bugger, she-bugger, quick come little-bugger...
User avatar
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert
 
Posts: 23974
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: All alone in the crazy city

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Good selection there Teeks, both I and Cambridge Analytica approve.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 17026
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Strawman @ Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:42 pm

thekungfury wrote:I was motating along the other day and noticed the music I was listening to had the same tempo as my footsteps. There's a very good chance I adapted my footsteps to the beat but for the purposes of this thread please shut up about it.


You can't make me! When I was 17/18 I worked in a nightclub as a barman, I found it was very difficult to walk around the place out of step with whatever tune was playing (at deafening volume), so it definitely happens, must have some evolutionary purpose, disguising our footsteps by blending them in to ambient noises when hunting? Don't know.
Last edited by Strawman on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 39562
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Strawman wrote:
thekungfury wrote:I was motating along the other day and noticed the music I was listening to had the same tempo as my footsteps. There's a very good chance I adapted my footsteps to the beat but for the purposes of this thread please shut up about it.


You can't make me! When I was 17/18 I worked in a nightclub as a barman, I found it was very difficult to walk around the place out of step with whatever tune was playing (at deafening volume), so it definitely happens, must have some evolutionary purpose, disguising our footsteps by blending them in to ambient noises when hunting? Don't know.

I think it's simply because you and I have got rhythm in our souls, Strawman. Rhythm in our souls.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 35099
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Strawman @ Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:57 pm

Laugh, you don't speak foolishness you speak the truth.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 39562
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Freddie @ Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:40 pm

thekungfury wrote:I was motating along the other day and noticed the music I was listening to had the same tempo as my footsteps. There's a very good chance I adapted my footsteps to the beat but for the purposes of this thread please shut up about it.


Walking songs? Is this a piss take TKF?
User avatar
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen
 
Posts: 6218
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Area 51

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Paul H @ Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:44 pm

BeeGees - Stayin' Alive
User avatar
Paul H
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:55 pm
Location: Mainly on the surface of the planet

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by CJ+ @ Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:12 pm

Too busy interacting with my dogs and other people and their dogs to have tunes on.

Leave that alone. No, don't eat that. Because it's a three-day old kebab that someone's been sick on, that's why. Come away from the idiot child, it'll only put its fingers up your nose and in your ears, if you're lucky. Up your arse if you're not. Fcuksake, that's an actual shit you're eating. Now your dog has done three circuits of you and is about to fell you like an AT-AT in Empire Strikes Back, do you understand why retractable dog leads are bullshit? Jesus, how does this much shit come out of a dog this size who basically lives on air? No, he's not a whippet. No, he's not a greyhound. Put your dog on the lead, please. Because he's winding my dog up like an absolute Motherfcuker, and they don't call sighthounds "landsharks" for nothing. He's basically a set of teeth that does 30MPH. No, he's not vicious, he's just going to put your dog all the way back in his box so if you don't want that, please put him on the fcuking lead.

So yeah, no tunes for me.
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 16100
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by S1K @ Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

I've got a Walkman in the cupboard but I haven't used it for ages. I'd probably put on an old Metallica tape if I were to use it again. Maybe Master Of Puppets. I wouldn't walk in time to the music though because it maxes out at about 212bpm.
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:27 pm

thekungfury wrote:I think it's simply because you and I have got rhythm in our souls, Strawman. Rhythm in our souls.


Or at least in your soles...
User avatar
Careless Whisperer
 
Posts: 15151
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: The Real World
Highscores: 5

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:10 am

CJ+ wrote:Too busy interacting with my dogs and other people and their dogs to have tunes on.

Leave that alone. No, don't eat that. Because it's a three-day old kebab that someone's been sick on, that's why. Come away from the idiot child, it'll only put its fingers up your nose and in your ears, if you're lucky. Up your arse if you're not. Fcuksake, that's an actual shit you're eating. Now your dog has done three circuits of you and is about to fell you like an AT-AT in Empire Strikes Back, do you understand why retractable dog leads are bullshit? Jesus, how does this much shit come out of a dog this size who basically lives on air? No, he's not a whippet. No, he's not a greyhound. Put your dog on the lead, please. Because he's winding my dog up like an absolute Motherfcuker, and they don't call sighthounds "landsharks" for nothing. He's basically a set of teeth that does 30MPH. No, he's not vicious, he's just going to put your dog all the way back in his box so if you don't want that, please put him on the fcuking lead.

So yeah, no tunes for me.

Ceej, it's GSDs that some people call Landsharks. It's also a sex act.
land shark
a sexual act where a man and his partner stand at opposite ends of the room. the woman bends over and braces against the wall while the man clasps his hands over his head imitating a shark. He then begins humming the jaws theme song and sprints across the room, lead by his erection, and attempts to penetrate either the vagina or anus with his momentus impact.
Last edited by Tokyo Sexwale on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 49057
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Strawman @ Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:16 am

Also Porsche 928s

Image
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 39562
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by CJ+ @ Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:48 am

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:
CJ+ wrote:Too busy interacting with my dogs and other people and their dogs to have tunes on.

Leave that alone. No, don't eat that. Because it's a three-day old kebab that someone's been sick on, that's why. Come away from the idiot child, it'll only put its fingers up your nose and in your ears, if you're lucky. Up your arse if you're not. Fcuksake, that's an actual shit you're eating. Now your dog has done three circuits of you and is about to fell you like an AT-AT in Empire Strikes Back, do you understand why retractable dog leads are bullshit? Jesus, how does this much shit come out of a dog this size who basically lives on air? No, he's not a whippet. No, he's not a greyhound. Put your dog on the lead, please. Because he's winding my dog up like an absolute Motherfcuker, and they don't call sighthounds "landsharks" for nothing. He's basically a set of teeth that does 30MPH. No, he's not vicious, he's just going to put your dog all the way back in his box so if you don't want that, please put him on the fcuking lead.

So yeah, no tunes for me.

Ceej, it's GSDs that some people call Landsharks. It's also a sex act.
land shark
a sexual act where a man and his partner stand at opposite ends of the room. the woman bends over and braces against the wall while the man clasps his hands over his head imitating a shark. He then begins humming the jaws theme song and sprints across the room, lead by his erection, and attempts to penetrate either the vagina or anus with his momentus impact.

I'll defer to your greater knowledge on the sex people thing.

But sighthounds are occasionally referred to as land sharks. As are other dogs too, it would appear.
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 16100
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:10 pm

Must be a northern thing then. I've only heard of police dogs being called it, by knobs.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 49057
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:17 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:northern


Tokyo Sexwale wrote:knobs.


Well there we go then.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37068
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Aesgarth @ Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:27 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:Must be a northern thing then. I've only heard of police dogs being called it, by knobs.

Nope. It's not a northern thing. Never heard it used except in the context you described.
Aesgarth
 
Posts: 4366
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: http://www.aesgarth.co.uk/uploader/
Highscores: 4

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Aesgarth @ Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Käsemeister wrote:
Tokyo Sexwale wrote:northern


Tokyo Sexwale wrote:knobs.


Well there we go then.

Reported!
Aesgarth
 
Posts: 4366
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: http://www.aesgarth.co.uk/uploader/
Highscores: 4

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:30 pm

Aesgarth wrote:
Tokyo Sexwale wrote:Must be a northern thing then. I've only heard of police dogs being called it, by knobs.

Nope. It's not a northern thing. Never heard it used except in the context you described.


In that case, the evidence against ceej is now unequivocal and yet he remains totally remorseless. Monstrous!
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 49057
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:35 pm

This thread hasn't gone quite as the OP hoped!
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 35099
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by CJ+ @ Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:
Aesgarth wrote:
Tokyo Sexwale wrote:Must be a northern thing then. I've only heard of police dogs being called it, by knobs.

Nope. It's not a northern thing. Never heard it used except in the context you described.


In that case, the evidence against ceej is now unequivocal and yet he remains totally remorseless. Monstrous!

Eeh bah gum, ecky thump! Clogs! Ikley Moor!
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 16100
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:54 pm

User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 39198
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: What are your walking songs?

Post by Strawman @ Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:40 pm

For walking at a fast clip

Original video page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zrkf65GmwE
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 39562
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force


Return to Music Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles