Disappointed...

New CTFers introduce yourselves here.
Forum rules
Welcome to CTF!

Please take the time to say hello ~ Please don't be worried if we come along after a day or two and lock the threads. That's just our way of saying COME AND PLAY in the main forum bits!

Explore at will, but just to help you navigate here is a super quick guide:

All sorts of off topic and quite random stuff here > Random Chat

Much more on topic and tightly moderated stuff here > Serious Chat

Site rules HERE

All other areas are self explanatory and are generally on topic.

Remember that this area is ONLY for new members to post up themselves or be welcomed in by TheBlueBus.... he is our little helper.

Disappointed...

Post by Ray Luxury-Yacht @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:32 am

Good evening everyone. Well, I was directed to have a look over here by another 'PH-er', as apparently it's a great alternative forum. So I registered, and here I am.

After having a nose round, I discovered a number of threads discussing some of my posts on Pistonheads. I was disappointed to hear that I am described as being, amongst other things, a 'knob' and a 'wanker'. I know the internet is a virtual world where you can't take anything too seriously, but I have to say I was more than a wee bit upset.

I post on Pistonheads to have some really good discussions, in an adult fashion, and to hopefully amuse and entertain to a certain extent. I had no idea I was causing an element of vitriolic disdain elsewhere. I'm sorry about that. I try my best to be polite, non-combative and fair when I post something.

I'd be genuinely interested to hear from any of the posters that have described me in such a fashion as to why they have done, without first challenging me either on Pistonheads or via PM. It's not very nice, is it, to do this kind of thing behind someone's back? For the record, I'm not being precious, I have fairly broad shoulders. I am just genuinely interested to understand what I did wrong!

All the best, RL-Y.
Ray Luxury-Yacht

Re: Disappointed...

Post by tanglerat @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:33 am

I bet it was because you posted some stuff like a knob and a wanker. And they were talking about you, not to you.

Welcome to CTF btw, you cnut.

:wave:
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee

Post by Strawman @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:15 am

They musy have been pretty old posts, there is rarely any metion of PH these days, also welcome.
Strawman

Post by span @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:24 am

Cripes, don't tell our mums!

If you want to stick around and post stuff then that would be lovely. I did a search and I do remember one of the posts that came up, in which you went to a "mainly 'coloured' suburb of London" and did an impression of a black person to some black people to avoid attack. It's hard to explain why that's funny to someone if they don't think it's funny but I must say rereading it made me smile all over again. But it was probably years ago and frankly I cringe at a lot of the stuff I posted a few years ago (perhaps you do the same).

Anyway, I genuinely hope your evening wasn't marred. As SM says, that thread about PH is quiet these days. It's certainly not the most edifying thread on CTF, but then a forum tends to develop a certain tone and culture which can be pretty funny from the outside (think mumsnet) and, well, that's what that was about.

So thanks for the giggles, hope you stay around and do more than search your own name you nutbox.
span

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:38 am

Out of interest, is it normal to Google/any form of internet search oneself?
Careless Whisperer

Highscores: 5

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:46 am

Now then, why are you fronting us bruv? We're just tryin' to survive around 'ere isn't it?

Are you.......silly?
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by minimoog @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:31 am

I'm slightly surprised this place is getting recommendations on PH. I mean I post there, and I would never recommend this place, it's packed to the rafters with wankers.

Wait, I may have that the wrong way round. Or have I? :scratchchin:
minimoog

Post by Greg66 @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:59 am

First, welcome. As you are finding out, we don’t take ourselves terribly seriously here. Some people like that. Others don’t. The only person who can decide if that’s right for you is you.

Now, this:

Ray Luxury-Yacht wrote:I'd be genuinely interested to hear from any of the posters that have described me in such a fashion as to why they have done, without first challenging me either on Pistonheads or via PM. It's not very nice, is it, to do this kind of thing behind someone's back? For the record, I'm not being precious, I have fairly broad shoulders. I am just genuinely interested to understand what I did wrong!

All the best, RL-Y.

I dot get why anyone would think there is a need to “challenge” someone directly about something they’ve written as a precondition to writing about it. If you think someone is full of it, why take the time to get down in the gutter and roll around with them?

If you want to understand why others have expressed the views they have, just read back what you wrote and what they wrote. Then decide whether you agree that they may have a point. Maybe they do; maybe they don’t. It’s not the end of the world either way.

Now post lots, preferably funny and/or interesting, and don’t take yourself or anyone else here too seriously.

Ya big girl’s blouse.
Greg66

Post by Dirk @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:12 am

It might also be worth saying who it was thatpissed you off I'm pretty sure it wasn't me, but I doubt whoever it was remembers.
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by S1K @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:54 am

Dirk wrote:It might also be worth saying who it was thatpissed you off I'm pretty sure it wasn't me, but I doubt whoever it was remembers.

Yeah, talk to the face not to the hand, girlfriend, or whatever, not bothered.
S1K

Post by Turntable @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:44 pm

Hello and welcome.
I don’t really remember the comments in question but are you sure you’re not confusing agression with pisstaking?
The post on question definitely deserved pisstaking and I would expect to be mocked myself for typing similar.
Contrary to your thoughts I would find it really odd if anyone pm’ed me to mock it
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:20 pm

Is it the real RLY or a wind up?
Doctor Congo

Post by ypauly @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:54 pm

Welcome

Here we are all cnuts, which is a big step up from knob and wanker
ypauly

Post by manfromdelmonte @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Ray, where does the name come from?
manfromdelmonte

Post by NNK @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:29 pm

I'm not a big fan of the thread here that pastes what people have said on PH, but things like -

Now then, why are you fronting us bruv? We're just tryin' to survive around 'ere isn't it? (that may not be the exact quote)

need to be brought to peoples attention, especially if they have had a bad day at the office and need cheering up.
NNK

Post by S1K @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:11 pm

manfromdelmonte wrote:Ray, where does the name come from?

It’s from a Python sketch

https://montypython.fandom.com/wiki/Raymond_Luxury-Yacht_Interview
S1K

Post by manfromdelmonte @ Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:11 pm

S1K wrote:
manfromdelmonte wrote:Ray, where does the name come from?

It’s from a Python sketch

https://montypython.fandom.com/wiki/Raymond_Luxury-Yacht_Interview

Ah, right. Something I've never got around to watching. Cheers.
manfromdelmonte

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:40 am

Ray Luxury-Yacht wrote:I was disappointed to hear that I am described as being, amongst other things, a 'knob' and a 'wanker'. I had no idea I was causing an element of vitriolic disdain.

I couldn't find any references to you being called a knob or wanker, nor any vitriolic disdain. Just deserved mockery for your made up stories.

"I know a lot of people, who regularly mess up people who are silly. So don't be silly - you guys all don't look silly...you're not gonna be silly and cause a problem for yourselves, are you?"

Read those words back out loud.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:50 am

Raymondo, if you can't accept being called a cnut then this is probably not the place for you.
That said, we are also good at curing disease with candles and ball cupping so don't write is off.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by dirtyboy @ Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:32 am

I'll just say welcome.
dirtyboy

Return to New to CTF? ~ visit this forum first ~