Films you repeatedly watch

Some things cultured but mostly films and telly stuff.

Films you repeatedly watch

Post by DI Burnside @ Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:55 pm

I think we've done this before but I can't find it.

What films do you watch whenever they come on TV ?

K19: The Widowmaker is on at the minute, I've seen it plenty of times already but I'll now sit and watch it again.

The Dam Busters is another.

Tell me yours please.
User avatar
DI Burnside
 
Posts: 18145
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:44 pm
Location: Beds
Highscores: 7

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Disastrous @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:29 am

Blade Runner, On The Waterfront, Top Gun, Point Break, Bond films.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 39478
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by stuart @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:36 am

A fklm I wan watch over and over even though it's never on t vis garden state
User avatar
stuart
I know a front door when I see one
 
Posts: 18070
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: There
Highscores: 2

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:03 am

stuart wrote:A fklm I wan watch over and over even though it's never on t vis garden state


Oh dear Stuart. Another night on the sauce?

I think Bond films are watched by default when they’re on. Occasion films like Trading Places will be watched again and again. Oh and the first 3 Indiana Jones films. And any original Star Wars obvs.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 6765
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:04 am

It’s not on tv much but agree with Dis, Blade Runner is a perennial fave. Ferris Buellers day off when I need cheering up.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 6765
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Greg66 @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:58 am

Crimson Tide, the Hunt for Red October. I have no special interest in subs, but I heart those two.
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Greg66 @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:59 am

Also Enemy of the State.
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by moleamol @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:01 am

Doctor Congo wrote:I think Bond films are watched by default when they’re on.

I switch them off immediately if I have the misfortune to encounter one. I have watched one all the way through, I will never watch it again though.

In fact I can only think of one film I've watched all the way through twice, that was Guardians of The Galaxy.
User avatar
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wigwam

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by DI Burnside @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:20 am

Kelly's Heroes
User avatar
DI Burnside
 
Posts: 18145
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:44 pm
Location: Beds
Highscores: 7

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Käsemeister @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Greg66 wrote:Also Enemy of the State.


Basically anything by Tony Scott
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Käsemeister @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:23 pm

moleamol wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:I think Bond films are watched by default when they’re on.

I switch them off immediately if I have the misfortune to encounter one. I have watched one all the way through, I will never watch it again though.


And there we have it.

VERDICT
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Strawman @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:20 pm

Agree on Blade runner, I never watch things because they are on though, I've no idea what channels are showing what film. Apocalypse now is amongst my most watched films, Great expectation the David Lean version, Barry Lyndon, the Parallax view, Point Blank, Watchmen, the Producers Mel Brooks version.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 40217
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Greg66 @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Käsemeister wrote:
Greg66 wrote:Also Enemy of the State.


Basically anything by Tony Scott


A bit. But not Prometheus (shit), Top Gun (homo), Days of Thunder (Top Gun does NASCAR), The A-Hole Team (see Prometheus), etc.
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by S1K @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Terminator, The Day Of The Jackal, Forrest Gump

I've seen Scum a million times too.
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 7094
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Käsemeister @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Greg66 wrote:
Käsemeister wrote:
Greg66 wrote:Also Enemy of the State.


Basically anything by Tony Scott


A bit. But not Prometheus (shit), Top Gun (homo), Days of Thunder (Top Gun does NASCAR), The A-Hole Team (see Prometheus), etc.


Except Prometheus and The A-Team weren’t Tony Scott.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Aesgarth @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Käsemeister wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Käsemeister wrote:
Greg66 wrote:Also Enemy of the State.


Basically anything by Tony Scott


A bit. But not Prometheus (shit), Top Gun (homo), Days of Thunder (Top Gun does NASCAR), The A-Hole Team (see Prometheus), etc.


Except Prometheus and The A-Team weren’t Tony Scott.

Google definitely makes it appear otherwise...
Image
Which is odd. I can see the A team link (producer) but I'm struggling to work out why prometheus is on there.
Aesgarth
 
Posts: 4653
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: http://www.aesgarth.co.uk/uploader/
Highscores: 4

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Top Gun, Human traffic, train spotting, Lock Stock and 2 smoking barrels, Snatch. I've watched those a fair few times.
Darthdeathdealer
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Käsemeister @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:34 pm

Aesgarth wrote:
Käsemeister wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Käsemeister wrote:
Greg66 wrote:Also Enemy of the State.


Basically anything by Tony Scott


A bit. But not Prometheus (shit), Top Gun (homo), Days of Thunder (Top Gun does NASCAR), The A-Hole Team (see Prometheus), etc.


Except Prometheus and The A-Team weren’t Tony Scott.

Google definitely makes it appear otherwise...
Image
Which is odd. I can see the A team link (producer) but I'm struggling to work out why prometheus is on there.


Produced by Scott Free, the company he founded with Ridley.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by mmm-five @ Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Lots...but most recently...
  • Leon the Professional
  • Old Boy (the Korean original)
  • Day of the Jackal (1973 version of course)
  • 2001
  • Rollerball
  • Shawshank Redemption (have been many late nights where I just turn over before turning the tv off, and end up watching for another 3 hours)
  • The Green Mile (ditto)
mmm-five
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:22 am

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by tanglerat @ Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:55 am

Zulu.
The Searchers.
Tremors.
Bladerunner.

Loads more really. But those spring to mind first.
User avatar
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee
 
Posts: 7572
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:09 am

I don't repeatedly watch any films, not on purpose anyway. Laziness and inertia means I sometimes see parts of films I've seen before when I click around the channels on the telly, obv, but they're not a choice.

I find that they still keep making films, and this means there are always films I haven't seen before and I can never catch up. So if I've got a spare two hours I would rather see something new than something I've already watched, even if that something was something I really liked.

The only film I will deliberately watch again is The Thing, from 1982, but even that isn't something I've done more than a handful of times.

I really enjoyed John Wick, so recently-ish (months ago!) bought the dvd when I saw it for cheap. It's still in the plastic wrapper though. I've got Raiders Of The Lost Ark saved on my plusbox, because I do love that. But it's been there two years now and I've got nowhere near watching it.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 13627
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:10 am

The Godfathers
Fury
Kill Bills
Life is Beautiful
Amarcord- wop classic
Catch me if you can.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 13418
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Greg66 @ Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:12 am

Käsemeister wrote:
Aesgarth wrote:
Käsemeister wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Käsemeister wrote:
Greg66 wrote:Also Enemy of the State.


Basically anything by Tony Scott


A bit. But not Prometheus (shit), Top Gun (homo), Days of Thunder (Top Gun does NASCAR), The A-Hole Team (see Prometheus), etc.


Except Prometheus and The A-Team weren’t Tony Scott.

Google definitely makes it appear otherwise...
Image
Which is odd. I can see the A team link (producer) but I'm struggling to work out why prometheus is on there.


Produced by Scott Free, the company he founded with Ridley.


Booking that as a meek climb down by KM.
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Käsemeister @ Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:21 am

Greg66 wrote:
Käsemeister wrote:
Aesgarth wrote:
Käsemeister wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Käsemeister wrote:
Greg66 wrote:Also Enemy of the State.


Basically anything by Tony Scott


A bit. But not Prometheus (shit), Top Gun (homo), Days of Thunder (Top Gun does NASCAR), The A-Hole Team (see Prometheus), etc.


Except Prometheus and The A-Team weren’t Tony Scott.

Google definitely makes it appear otherwise...
Image
Which is odd. I can see the A team link (producer) but I'm struggling to work out why prometheus is on there.


Produced by Scott Free, the company he founded with Ridley.


Booking that as a meek climb down by KM.


>lights cigar<

>over turns table<

GTFOOH!
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Rod Rammage @ Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:41 am

Godfathers I and II
Any of the Bournes.
Most things where Charlie Kaufman has been involved.
User avatar
Rod Rammage
 
Posts: 26396
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Baby Huey @ Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:40 am

DI Burnside wrote:Kelly's Heroes


Featuring Uncle Leo from Seinfeld.

Goodfellas.
Baby Huey
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:34 am

I thought Rod was back for a minute there.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 13627
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by dirtyboy @ Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:59 am

Tremors was on the other day, caught it about 10 mins in and still watched it...really easy going and love it.

Top Gun

Predator

Bourne Identity

Goonies
User avatar
dirtyboy
 
Posts: 6697
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Hanging out of your mums arse

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Aesgarth @ Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:04 am

dirtyboy wrote:Tremors was on the other day, caught it about 10 mins in and still watched it...really easy going and love it.

It was on again last night, I've recorded it and plan on watching it tomorrow. Love that film.
Aesgarth
 
Posts: 4653
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: http://www.aesgarth.co.uk/uploader/
Highscores: 4

Re: Films you repeatedly watch

Post by Strawman @ Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:05 am

dirtyboy wrote:Goonies


Totally off topic but I met someone who looked like the strange one in Goonies the other day, I kept wanting to say "man, what happened to your face?" but on a first meeting that seemed a bit too bold.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 40217
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Next

Return to Nervy's Culture Club

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

yt
  Enable youtube titles