All the remakes you can eat

Some things cultured but mostly films and telly stuff.

All the remakes you can eat

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:02 am

This post intentionally left blank.
Routie445
 
Posts: 39039
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:07 am

It's a slightly unfair list as quite a few of those have been on the books for years, and are in perpetual Development Hell, but it's still scary reading as most of those are "our" generation films if you see what I mean.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:08 am

Hugely depressing. Not least because I think of things like the Crow as being 'new' and then see they're almost 20 years old :(

>sigh<
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 39478
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by stuart @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:09 am

Fright Night. I loved that film when I was a kid. I still remember the scene in either the original or one of the sequels of the vampire in the tunnel on rollerskates and the vampires using someones head as a bowling ball.

Also the Howling, it's awful now but I used to think it was great.

The Never Ending Story is still a brilliant film, it doesn't need a remake.

The same goes for Short Circuit.

Guillermo Del Toro’s ‘The Orphanage’ isn't even old and it's bloody brilliant! There's no reason to remake this except for people who cant' read. It's a beautiful looking and sounding tame horror film. I love it. I don't see what a remake could add.

I think a lot of these are going to be awful :(
User avatar
stuart
I know a front door when I see one
 
Posts: 18070
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: There
Highscores: 2

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:09 am

This post intentionally left blank.
Routie445
 
Posts: 39039
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by stuart @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:10 am

Also see the remake of The Thing. I still haven't seen the original.
User avatar
stuart
I know a front door when I see one
 
Posts: 18070
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: There
Highscores: 2

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:10 am

Watch it Stuart.


Watch it now.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:11 am

This post intentionally left blank.
Routie445
 
Posts: 39039
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:14 am

This post intentionally left blank.
Routie445
 
Posts: 39039
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Strawman @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:14 am

Käsemeister wrote:It's a slightly unfair list as quite a few of those have been on the books for years, and are in perpetual Development Hell,


Like The Final Symphony ? which has reputedly had 600 drafts :hehe:
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 40217
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:17 am

Disastrous wrote:Hugely depressing. Not least because I think of things like the Crow as being 'new' and then see they're almost 20 years old :(

>sigh<


Ace film.

Agree with you and KM, these are our generations films, re-makes whilst we're still alive is plain fcuking rude.

cnuts.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 17419
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:21 am

Just read the list, so many good films on there that should be left alone.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 17419
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:24 am

This post intentionally left blank.
Routie445
 
Posts: 39039
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:01 am

Strawman wrote:
Käsemeister wrote:It's a slightly unfair list as quite a few of those have been on the books for years, and are in perpetual Development Hell,


Like The Final Symphony ? which has reputedly had 600 drafts :hehe:


Precisely that. The remake of the remake of the remake of Dune has been hobbling around for donkey's years too.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:02 am

Duke Thrust wrote:
Disastrous wrote:Hugely depressing. Not least because I think of things like the Crow as being 'new' and then see they're almost 20 years old :(

>sigh<


Ace film.

Agree with you and KM, these are our generations films, re-makes whilst we're still alive is plain fcuking rude.

cnuts.


That's the thing - I don't mind a remake of All Quiet, yes it was a seminal film, but it's about time it was looked at again. Robocop and Short Circuit? Give me a break. Okay so they can "update" the FX, but it wasn't exactly that they look dated even now, given they were done so well in the first place.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by nakedninja @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:11 am

Käsemeister wrote:but it wasn't exactly that they look dated even now, given they were done so well in the first place.


I disagree, I think they do look dated now. I don't want them to be remade though.

'Oh my goodness, I am sporting a tremendous woody right now'
User avatar
nakedninja
 
Posts: 9156
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:18 pm
Location: The North
Highscores: 1

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:12 am

I'd buy that for a dollar.... etc.

Oh, and the cinematic debut of the Barrett .50 cal.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:16 am

SC and Robocop dated FX? Really?

Okay so ED209 is stop-motion, but anything else?
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:19 am

This post intentionally left blank.
Routie445
 
Posts: 39039
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:28 am

thebrucewillis wrote:Robocop[/i] won't be improved by CGI dazzle. It isn't good because of its effects, it's good because of the idea and the script.


My thoughts exactly. Very much of its time too.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by stuart @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:31 am

I must have missed something about Starship Troopers because I thought it was awful and ridiculous.
User avatar
stuart
I know a front door when I see one
 
Posts: 18070
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: There
Highscores: 2

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:31 am

This post intentionally left blank.
Routie445
 
Posts: 39039
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by stuart @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:32 am

thebrucewillis wrote:
stuart wrote:I must have missed something about Starship Troopers because I thought it was awful and ridiculous.

You don't think the effects are good?


In Starship Troopers, yeah I think they are fine. I just thought the plot and the film was silly but it seems to have a huge cult following. I don't get it.
Last edited by stuart on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
stuart
I know a front door when I see one
 
Posts: 18070
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: There
Highscores: 2

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:33 am

Won't be the same without Basil either.

/thespstrop.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:33 am

This post intentionally left blank.
Routie445
 
Posts: 39039
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Aesgarth @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:56 am

that page wrote:
‘Conan’
‘The Crow’
‘Short Circuit’
‘Judge Dredd’
‘Mad Max’
‘Akira’
‘Escape From New York’
‘Drop Dead Fred’
‘Honey, I Shrunk the Kids’

And most of the others. No, just NO. :(
Aesgarth
 
Posts: 4653
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: http://www.aesgarth.co.uk/uploader/
Highscores: 4

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Strawman @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Aesgarth wrote:
that page wrote:
‘Conan’
‘The Crow’
‘Short Circuit’
‘Judge Dredd’
‘Mad Max’
‘Akira’
‘Escape From New York’
‘Drop Dead Fred’
‘Honey, I Shrunk the Kids’

And most of the others. No, just NO. :(


I agree most of those shouldn't be remade, especially Mad Max and Conan (the republican), because they are iconic. But Judge Dredd was a steaming pile and so a remake could be better.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 40217
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Aesgarth @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:03 pm

I agree Dredd was a pile of turd, which is why i liked it.
Aesgarth
 
Posts: 4653
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: http://www.aesgarth.co.uk/uploader/
Highscores: 4

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by CJ+ @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:05 pm

stuart wrote:
thebrucewillis wrote:
stuart wrote:I must have missed something about Starship Troopers because I thought it was awful and ridiculous.

You don't think the effects are good?


In Starship Troopers, yeah I think they are fine. I just thought the plot and the film was silly but it seems to have a huge cult following. I don't get it.

It's actually quite a sly dig at America and jingoism.

Do you want to know more?
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 16754
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: All the remakes you can eat

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:07 pm

Strawman wrote: Conan (the republican)


:rofl:


Strawman wrote: But Judge Dredd was a steaming pile and so a remake could be better.


Was so nearly saved visually by

Image

Still, Karl Urban has already stated that in keeping "true" to the comic, in the new one Dredd will never remove his helmet, so there's a good start.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37330
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Next

Return to Nervy's Culture Club

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

yt
  Enable youtube titles